Tech Support Rant

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've reported this twice to DISH, the first time a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I had to go through the usual BS, resetting the receiver, re-scanning, forcing a guide update, etc. In the end, the CSR says that it will be reported at once to the engineering department and will be taken care of.

Actually, Fox has been broadcasting on 6.3 and 4.1 for the whole month of January, so DISH has had plenty of time to make the guide data transition. My Tivo and Tablo both took care of this about three weeks ago.

I'm wondering if DISH still has the Fox station on 4.1 on their satellite service. If so, they may never change it for those of us who use the ota module.
After I got my own locals back I see that the satellite version of FOX is still at 4 the channel logo is there and it says 004-00 and KFDM3. That means they are no longer calling it KBTV I guess. Either way my Tablo dvr guide has the correct guide information for all my channels for ota and at the actual place. I deleted all the sub channels and channels with out guide information that I had on the Hopper ,except those with correct guide information. If I want to record anything on the sub channels I can use the Tablo for that. So now my guide for the satellite version of locals looks like this :

Fox 004-00
CBS 006-00
CW 007-00
ABC 012-00
NBC 050-00
PBS 060-00

I locked out the DABLE ota channel at 4.1 because it has the wrong guide info and ota channel 6.3 FOX since it has no guide information. It cleaned up my guide and the two glaring mistakes are no longer staring at me every time I go to my guide. I decided that I will just live with it this way. It sucks that DISH no longer cares about the ota guide being correct considering that Sling tv with locals has correct guide information from what I heard for all channels. But it is what it is.

Congrats on the nice rant. That is the best one in this thread, and that is really saying something, coming from me. I wouldn't chalk this one up to vindictiveness, though, but rather sheer incompetence. You were reporting an issue with OTA local guide information, and you also specifically mentioned a channel in Louisiana. Well, "OTA" sounds an awful lot like "Otis" so the result of changing your service address and satellite locals to Otis, Louisiana is somewhat understandable, although still incredibly stupid.
You know you could be right about it if this was on the phone. This was an online CHAT feature and it spelt out for all the world to see. Besides where did they come up with the house number 234 and the street name too on my service address. I never requested a service address change of any kind. That took deliberate effort to change my service address to this location which I have never been to or heard of. Besides I reported this on Friday and by Saturday night around supper time my locals suddenly changed to Otis La. This is more than incompetence and more than a coincidence. Surprising me in this is that I could actually receive sat locals from a town that is 131 miles away from me. Means the spotbeams are much wider than I thought they were.

You know you could be right about it if this was on the phone. This was an online CHAT feature and it spelt out for all the world to see.
Dyslexia, maybe?
Besides I reported this on Friday and by Saturday night around supper time my locals suddenly changed to Otis La. This is more than incompetence and more than a coincidence.
Actually, it probably is just a coincidence. You are not the only member here to have something like this happen lately:

Reactions: MikeD-C05
After I got my own locals back I see that the satellite version of FOX is still at 4 the channel logo is there and it says 004-00 and KFDM3. That means they are no longer calling it KBTV I guess.
Dish has been doing this in several markets across the country lately. In some cases, they are still required to carry the channel that is now at the old station's primary (.1) location, usually in standard-def even if the major network that was previously there had been carried in HD. In any event, they simply leave the network at the old channel number where everyone is used to finding it, and change the call letters to reflect that the network is actually coming from a subchannel of another station now. The good news is that since the call letters did change to KFDM3, that means that Dish is already aware that your Fox is actually on 6.3 now. It is simply a matter of waiting for them to get around to fixing the OTA guide data to reflect that.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Dish has been doing this in several markets across the country lately. In some cases, they are still required to carry the channel that is now at the old station's primary (.1) location, usually in standard-def even if the major network that was previously there had been carried in HD. In any event, they simply leave the network at the old channel number where everyone is used to finding it, and change the call letters to reflect that the network is actually coming from a subchannel of another station now. The good news is that since the call letters did change to KFDM3, that means that Dish is already aware that your Fox is actually on 6.3 now. It is simply a matter of waiting for them to get around to fixing the OTA guide data to reflect that.
Well I start counting the months till that happens. The Lake Charles Dma 65 miles from us has had no guide data for their FOX 29 for a year or so when they were fighting with DISH over payments and now another year since they got guide data on the wrong channel. Either way I'm through worrying about it now. Make the best out of what I got and move on down the road.:car

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)