Tech visit gone wrong!

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
We bought a new home a month ago. The month prior (October) we set up a tech visit to our new home in November (as there were not closer dates for use to select). This initial appt was set up for November 12. A family emergency came up and we had to reschedule and due to "a limited number of techs" in my area the reschedule was for December 12. I took the day off yesterday, tech to visit between 12-5 pm. The dish site says a call will be made the day before to remind you about the install, no call. The dish website says a call or text the morning of to know when to expect the tech, no call or text. I did a dish chat with a CSR at 4:30 who told me the tech could come anytime before 5:00 and not to worry. 5:30 came and no tech, 6:30 a call stating he is running an hour behind and would be late. 8:30 no tech. 9:00 I look at mydish only to see the appointment was canceled and no one ever called me. Called dish and they promised the tech could come today. I am not home today I was home all day yesterday waiting. They promised he would show this time......I promised if he didnt they can pick up their equipment at the end of my driveway. The "supervisor" on the phone said that I would get an email with a confirmation time, no email, no appointment on mydish site. So now I wonder if anyone will even be here today.

What a joke. Ready to scrap the dish and move on. What poor customer service. I have been with dish 7+ years and have really like them and the new hopper....but they way they treat customers is a joke. The rep on the phone said new installs have priority, thats crap!

Wow that sucks! Been there, done that a few years ago with a S***Y subcontractor they were using in my area. I also told 'em back then my equipment would be at the end of driveway and I meant it. Went through a week of hell with them--no calls, several blown appointments, a crappy install, etc., etc. Finally got things worked out and the last couple of times I had to have someone out (and in 14 years that's been only a few times) they were OUTSTANDING. Have you tried letting a DIRT member know about this? Good luck!

Ed

That is why I learned all I could about Satellite tv from this site and I do all my own installs myself. I do all my upgrades and I own all my sat receivers, dishes, lnbs,nodes ,etc.. I don't ever have to wait for a DISH installer for anything. It has come in handy since we have had 3 hurricanes hit here since 2005 and if I had to wait for them to install my dish again ,I would of been waiting a long time. IN fact I haven't needed a DISH installer since 2003. Now replacement receivers I still have to go through DISH for and that is a whole different story.

We bought a new home a month ago. The month prior (October) we set up a tech visit to our new home in November (as there were not closer dates for use to select). This initial appt was set up for November 12. A family emergency came up and we had to reschedule and due to "a limited number of techs" in my area the reschedule was for December 12. I took the day off yesterday, tech to visit between 12-5 pm. The dish site says a call will be made the day before to remind you about the install, no call. The dish website says a call or text the morning of to know when to expect the tech, no call or text. I did a dish chat with a CSR at 4:30 who told me the tech could come anytime before 5:00 and not to worry. 5:30 came and no tech, 6:30 a call stating he is running an hour behind and would be late. 8:30 no tech. 9:00 I look at mydish only to see the appointment was canceled and no one ever called me. Called dish and they promised the tech could come today. I am not home today I was home all day yesterday waiting. They promised he would show this time......I promised if he didnt they can pick up their equipment at the end of my driveway. The "supervisor" on the phone said that I would get an email with a confirmation time, no email, no appointment on mydish site. So now I wonder if anyone will even be here today.

What a joke. Ready to scrap the dish and move on. What poor customer service. I have been with dish 7+ years and have really like them and the new hopper....but they way they treat customers is a joke. The rep on the phone said new installs have priority, thats crap!

I apologize for the experience you've had. I'd like to try and help. Can you please send me a PM with your account information so I can look into this?

I don't know why so many have such a problem by not wanting to pick up the phone and call the customer and give them.

If your running late, call the customer. Most will not have an issue waiting after the scheduled appointment time.

I think the biggest issue was that I had to read that the appointment was cancelled and was not communicated with. had the guy called and we could have talked I am sure we could have come up with a workable solution, but after the way I found out I was not happy. Just hope the guy can come today. I did a make shift install myself a while back but cannot get the dish pointed correctly, at least we have some tv. no hd, no ptat, and about half our channels but the kids can access the recordings. I just need someone to get the dish pointed correctly.

We've had this happen to our in laws the last time they needed their dish peaked at their camp house. Tech never called or showed and when my in laws complained to DISH all they were told was they were at the mercy of the subcontractor. Fortunately the second appointment the following week went off without a hitch.

Sounds like Frontier's customer service, never show up and never call to tell you that they are showing up the next day.

Lucky for me, all my appointments were good. If I had to wait that long, I'd be up on the roof lowering the Dish logo dish and rising up the Directv logo one. As it is, out of the handful of satellite subscribers in my neighborhood, I'm one of two with Dish. All the others have Directv.

My only reservation with direct is they dont have my local cbs station but rather another cbs station in the market, but that is no longer going to be a sticking point.

What poor customer service. I have been with dish 7+ years and have really like them and the new hopper....but they way they treat customers is a joke.

You should see how they treat the techs. Regardless the tech should of called you and rescheduled rather than not letting you know anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)