Technical question

Most any TV antenna, regardless of intended band, is going to pick up frequencies that it wasn't advertised to pick up. The "correct combiner" is a much more important tool than you seem to be giving it credit for.
not compared to the rca preamplifier iceburg showed on his reply....I have it and it's a lot better than the separator-joiner

Andy try this, it's from walmart but I'm sure you can get it somewhere else for both outside and inside.....
tried one of them years ago...not worth the hassle.

the issue with Andy's location is the terrain. He's only 25-30 miles away from the towers but the mountains are hindering reception. That's why all of his Big 4 nets are on VHF (VHF tends to "bend" over mountains)

The pre-amp will probably be the best option considering his limitations (not being able to put outside)

the issue with Andy's location is the terrain. He's only 25-30 miles away from the towers but the mountains are hindering reception. That's why all of his Big 4 nets are on VHF (VHF tends to "bend" over mountains)

The pre-amp will probably be the best option considering his limitations (not being able to put outside)
It's an rca antenna, don't surprise me. the pre amps work great. My outdoor antenna (vhf) is a pain too...

Oh. I had one of those (similar type) and I had it 40 feet above ground (when I had my house) and it didnt work real well. (29 miles away). It probably would have worked when I was in Duluth (being 2 miles away) ;)

I was able to put the clearstream on the outside of the windowsill proped up and duct taped and a brick wedged in there. Its not going anywhere. At least the clearstream with the pre amp is outside. 40-45 on 53 and about 30% on 61. Daytime levels. Amped rabbit ears are inside near window and get all VHF channels well.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I was able to put the clearstream on the outside of the windowsill proped up and duct taped and a brick wedged in there. Its not going anywhere. At least the clearstream with the pre amp is outside. 40-45 on 53 and about 30% on 61. Daytime levels. Amped rabbit ears are inside near window and get all VHF channels well.
OH COME ON!!!

We want pics :)
(when I had free to air if seemed like every project I had with the dish setup involved duct tape, hose clamps, pieces of wood....or more than one)

Is it still working fine?
It's working better. 61 is weaker and tends to pixelate more during the day. THIS TV on.1 and Comet on. 2. WFLI, MYNET, AND METV on 53.1-3 are a lot more stable. Those I watch more anyways. Right now at 2:43pm Friday 61.2 is unwatchable due to pixelation but clears up in rain or at night. But 53 is damn near perfect most of the time. All VHF are good and stable on indoor amped rabbit ears. I don't know anything else I can do for 61. Its just weaker. I don't think I could get away with another antenna just for 61. I've peaked and 're peaked especially for 53. But sometimes 61 is perfect. Just depends. I'm.so glad Sinclair moved FOX to 9.2 and WFLI carries MYNET on 53.2 because I watch a lot of it and METV on.3. Its much stronger. Still gotta get those pics uploaded. ;-)

Reactions: Mr Tony
It's working better. 61 is weaker and tends to pixelate more during the day. THIS TV on.1 and Comet on. 2. WFLI, MYNET, AND METV on 53.1-3 are a lot more stable. Those I watch more anyways. Right now at 2:43pm Friday 61.2 is unwatchable due to pixelation but clears up in rain or at night. But 53 is damn near perfect most of the time. All VHF are good and stable on indoor amped rabbit ears. I don't know anything else I can do for 61. Its just weaker. I don't think I could get away with another antenna just for 61. I've peaked and 're peaked especially for 53. But sometimes 61 is perfect. Just depends. I'm.so glad Sinclair moved FOX to 9.2 and WFLI carries MYNET on 53.2 because I watch a lot of it and METV on.3. Its much stronger. Still gotta get those pics uploaded. ;-)

while both 53 & 61 transmit form the same tower the power difference they are using is incredible
53 is using 550kw (550,000)
61 is at 84Kw (84,000)

that would be why 61 is a pain to get ;)

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)