Antenna TV gone in Cincinnati (And Returns Jan 1)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Antenna TV is gone from low power TV channel WOTH 20.3 in Cincinnati. It was replaced with BUZZR http://buzzrplay.com/

According to local TV guru John K, Antenna TV execs say the channel os headed for another full power local channel with a cable TV presence before January 1.

I know that WOTH owner Elliot Block mentioned how difficult Antenna was to deal with so I am not so sure that Antenna has firm plans in the area. Every local station has at least one sub channel, and many have two.

Elliott had mentioned a few times on the WOTH facebook page that AntennaTV wants a station with cable coverage (so obviously a full powered station)

rumour is it will be on Star 64 since Sinclair and Tribune have a little agreement going with CometTV

Elliott had mentioned a few times on the WOTH facebook page that AntennaTV wants a station with cable coverage (so obviously a full powered station)

rumour is it will be on Star 64 since Sinclair and Tribune have a little agreement going with CometTV
Since you mentioned Antenna TV wanting stations with Cable Coverage, maybe one day Delta Media takes the Antenna TV off 32 and put it back on 50 (and back on Cable). Back to the WSTR MNTV 64, now wait and see if Antenna launches on the .4 or Get TV gets the ax in Bengal Country

Ice Antenna tv is gone in Detroit as well. We hear that WXYZ might pick it up. But I have not confirmed this yet

Since you mentioned Antenna TV wanting stations with Cable Coverage, maybe one day Delta Media takes the Antenna TV off 32 and put it back on 50 (and back on Cable). Back to the WSTR MNTV 64, now wait and see if Antenna launches on the .4 or Get TV gets the ax in Bengal Country
Well I got something right, WSTR is gaining Antenna. No mentioning the .4 anymore (I did that enough on the other thread) but we will see what happens when Johnny and Antenna comes back to Cincy on STAR 64 1-1-16. Gees I was actually right about something before it became a reality....

GetTV is outta here on every Sinclair Station that launches Antenna (or just about all)...say bye to Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows (GetTV's most followed movie). Bet they come to Louisiana now for a contract to launch nee markets.

Cool beans. Just saw that post from Kies...
http://wvxu.org/post/here-s-johnny-antenna-tv-s-tonight-show-reruns-coming-wstr-tv#stream/0
Antenna TV will be added on Jan. 1 to multicast lineups on Cincinnati's WSTR. Dayton’s WKEF-TV (Channel 22), WSYX-TV in Columbus and WUHF-TV in Toledo. In all markets, Antenna TV will be carried by local cable systems, says Jessica Bellucci, Tribune Broadcasting vice president.
Toledo is on WMNT-CD (channel 48-2) which is not a Sinclair station. WUHF is the FOX in Rochester, NY ;)

it must be nice to get 2 different markets. I only have access to on.
Hey he could be lucky and have Antenna's sister station on 3 channels in the same market (KPLC-DT2, Lake Charles), and (KXKW-LD 32/KDCG-CD 22 Lafayette). Oh and don't worry I wasn't trying to Brag about it. However it's hard to debate which channel to watch Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows on (LOL)

Ice, I get Cincy and Dayton great. I wish I lived another 20 miles northeast I'd get the Columbus Ohio market too. That would be 3 markets for me. In the old analog days some of the Columbus stations were watchable for me at 79 miles out.

Reactions: TNGTony and Mr Tony
Here in Nashville, AntennaTV will be coming to Sinclair's WZTV on new subchannel 17.3. It's currently on a low power station hardly anyone can get, so glad it's moving to WZTV. We get GetTV on Sinclair's WUXP 30.2. As far I know, it will remain there, although I'd love to see it replaced by Movies!, although that's unlikely given that Sinclair doesn't carry it anywhere.

I get DC and Baltimore! If I actually watched any of these subchannel networks, I could get Decades only from WJZ and Laff only from WMAR.

- Trip
When I lived in my house I got the Mankato station (KEYC) which gave me an extra CBS & FOX (although FOX was SD). I just liked having 2 different market of stations

The one person I am really jealous about is radio (the guy who works/runs WION Radio). He gets locals from THREE markets (Lansing, Grand Rapids and Flint) :)

Reactions: Blindowl1234

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)