Antenna TV gone in Cincinnati (And Returns Jan 1)

Here in Nashville, AntennaTV will be coming to Sinclair's WZTV on new subchannel 17.3. It's currently on a low power station hardly anyone can get, so glad it's moving to WZTV. We get GetTV on Sinclair's WUXP 30.2. As far I know, it will remain there, although I'd love to see it replaced by Movies!, although that's unlikely given that Sinclair doesn't carry it anywhere.

I normally would say that I dont see GetTV leaving the markets where Sinclair owns 2 stations. But in Baltimore where they own/run/LMA/JSA/whatever THREE stations....they ARE replacing GetTV with AnetnnaTV. That might have to do with them already carrying ThisTV which is a partially owned Tribune station too.

Hey Ice,I actually get three markets here as well.I get Indianapolis and Dayton stations on DirecTV and Dayton and Cincinnati stations over the air.Its wonderful for NFL football on Sundays.This area is technically in the Dayton and Indianapolis DMA's and I'm close enough to Cincinnati to pick up WSTR,WCPO and WLWT TV...

I normally would say that I dont see GetTV leaving the markets where Sinclair owns 2 stations. But in Baltimore where they own/run/LMA/JSA/whatever THREE stations....they ARE replacing GetTV with AnetnnaTV. That might have to do with them already carrying ThisTV which is a partially owned Tribune station too.

We don't know yet if they're going to bump GetTV to WUTB's inferior signal. They could do that; WUTB has the room.

- Trip

I agree its great for Cincinnati and the other cities to get Antenna TV on full power channels. However, I wonder if Sinclair is going to run their sports feed over the Antenna TV schedule like they do currently with GET TV. I am sure plenty of people enjoy the college sports but I am not sure people who like Antenna TV's programming will appreciate the sports instead of classic shows.

However, I wonder if Sinclair is going to run their sports feed over the Antenna TV schedule like they do currently with GET TV. I am sure plenty of people enjoy the college sports but I am not sure people who like Antenna TV's programming will appreciate the sports instead of classic shows.
good point. Here in Minneapolis it use to be on GetTV (WUCW-DT2) but the weekend of Halloween they moved it to Grit (DT3) which made it sound like Comet was coming..but alas it didnt. But I have seen AntennaTV pre-empted for sports. Last weekend the Wisconsin hockey game was shown on CometTV in a couple of their markets

Launched today on Star 64 and also in Dayton

12308415_916636088427367_7999785002748287755_n.png

someone in Cincy area said that GetTV moved to -4 (Comet is on -3)

just learned that in my area Cincinnati, antenna tv went into the .2 subchannel that was gettv which was moved to a new .4 subchannel

I can confirm the following
64.1 - WSTR - MY TV
64.2 - Antenna TV
64.3 Comet
64.4 GetTV, and right now the Sinclair Sports channel showing Miami University Hockey.

22.1 WKEF NBC
22.2 GetTV
22.3 Antenna TV but still labeled as GRIT in the channel data
22.4 Grit TV, labeled Grit (not GRIT) in the channel data

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Tony
Not sure where in SW Ohio you live, but this is what I get with a good, 10 year-old, amplified, indoor, rabbit ear antenna in northern Hamilton County right now

2.1 WDTN - NBC Dayton HD
2.2 NBC SD (Reportedl switching to "Escape" soon)

5.1 WLWT - NBC Cincinnati HD
5.2 Memorable Entertainment (METV)

7.1 WHIO - CBS Dayton HD
7.2 Memorable Entertainment (METV)
7.3 LAFF

9.1 WCPO - ABC Cincinnati HD
9.2 Escape
9.3 LAFF

12.1 WKRC - CBS Cincinnati HD
12.2 WKRC - CW Cincinnati HD

14.1 WPTO - PBS Oxford HD
14.2 PBS Prime
14.3 PBS Learn
14.4 PBS World
14.5 WPTO - PBS Oxford (SD 16x9)

16.1 WPTD - PBS Dayton HD
16.2 16 Again
16.3 PBS Learn
16.4 The Ohio Channel
16.5 WPTD - PBS Dayton (SD 16x9)

19.1 WXIX - Fox Cincinnati HD
19.2 Bounce
19.3 Grit TV

WOTH LD - Cincinnati
20.1 Movies!
20.2 Decades
20.3 Buzzr TV
20.4 Heroes & Icons Channel
20.5 AMG (16x9 SD)
20.6 Tuff TV

22.1 WKEF - ABC Dayton HD
22.2 Get TV
22.3 Antenna TV
22.4 Grit TV

WBQC LD - Cincinnati
25.1 "WKRP" (Independent)
25.2 This TV
25.3 Retro TV
25.4 Jewelry TV
25.5 Heartland (16x9 SD)
25.6 SonLife (16x9 SD)

26.1 WBDT - CW Dayton HD
26.2 Bounce
26.3 Ion TV

WDYC LP Cincinnati
36.1 (Low Power) Daystar HD
36.2 Daystar (4x3 anamorphic)

43.1 WOKI - TBN Richmond. Ind
43.2 The Church Channel
43.3 JUCE
43.4 TBN Enlace
43.5 Smile of a Child TV

45.1 WRGT - Fox Dayton HD
45.2 MyTV / This TV
45.3 Comet TV

48.1 WCET - PBS Cincinnati HD
48.2 PBS CrEaTe
48.3 CET Arts

54.1 WCVN - PBS/KET Covington, KY HD
54.2 KET 2
54.3 KET KY

64.1 WSTR - MyTV HD
64.2 Antenna TV
64.3 Comet TV
64.4 GET TV

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Tony
Looks like time to rescan my channels in both tv's lol. I didn't think Antenna Tv was back on in Cincinnati until January. Thanks Ice for the info and TNG Tony too
most TV's all you have to do is go to the channel and it should update within a few seconds
So go to 64-1 and it **should** update the listings

22.1 WKEF - NBC Dayton HD

I assume you mean ABC?

Must be nice to be able to grab more than one market. Thats the issue with a giant market (area wise). No options for a neighboring market.

I assume you mean ABC?

Must be nice to be able to grab more than one market. Thats the issue with a giant market (area wise). No options for a neighboring market.

Yup. I was stuck in the past. Updated the original post.

I'm more jealous of those who live just to the northeast of here. They can also get Columbus channels.:)

The only time I could get a neighboring market is when I had my house (SW burbs of Minneapolis) and could get KEYC Mankato (the only station in that market) with my monster VHF antenna. gave me an extra CBS & FOX :)

TNG Tony is probably real familiar with the area near me. I'm about 20 miles too far southwest to get Columbus reliably. In the analog days I had some of the Columbus stuff fairly reliably. Also WBDT 26.3 ION is on now too. The Vizio tv will add channels without a rescan. The Wallymart Element special does a complete scan....Last count 64 channels as of today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)