Techno-Trend S2-3200 and the DiSEqC Motor issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WEP11

Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
North Carolina
I have the S2-3200 card properly installed and the motor as well. Yesterday I tested the ability to find a signal by manually pointing it at Echostar 7 (I connected one of my circular LNB outputs to a DSS box). As I chose to do a channelscan 4 stations from AMC 1 appeared (Which led me to believe that it was pointed between Echostar 7 and AMC 1). Because it found those stations I knew it was properly connected, so later I chose under the motor option on the ChannelScan menu, "Goto Angular". This rotated the dish fully east, but it stopped at the fully rotated position and didnt move. On the program it was scanning, but when it finished the dish still hadnt moved. I am wondering if anyone knows how the S2-3200 settings need to be to interact properly with the motor.

I am hoping to connect to GOES 12 once I fully learn how to use this card.

Thanks for any help!

Echostar 7 is at 119 west, AMC 1 is at 103 west, way too far apart to e pointed at one and pick up the other. Don't trust what the Sat Card tells you which Sat it thinks it pointed too, You need to look at the Transponders it locks and cross reference to Lyngsat or SatelliteGuys.US - TheList to confirm where you are at.

Yeah, my bad. I forgot that those DSS boxes have multiple satellites. Its pointed at a Direct TV satellite pretty close to AMC 1 im sure. The Pentagon Channel comes through AMC 1 and that seems to be what im recieving. Any idea what settings the motor needs to be? I can set which transponder i am trying to target and under the DisEqC box I can select Pos A/Opt A, Pos A/OptB, Pos B/ Opt B, Pos B/ Opt A, and Goto Angular. When I say goto angular another selection appears called USALS. That has satellites listed with a unique number before them. Like, "30 - Telecom 2A" . My main issue is getting the card to talk to the motor so it can scan the sky for these FTA stations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)