Tegna Dispute - how much longer?!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scoob83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
CT
I love Dish but this dispute is old. I have lost multiple local channels. I have always sided with Dish but now I feel they are just cheap and this one has gone on too long. How have all the other cable providers reached an agreement but not Dish. Starting to begrudgingly explore switching to Cable.

Reactions: syphix
I’m thinking Dish is actually right on this one. Tenga is selling their company and with providers paying them higher for their channels they can receive a higher purchase price. That is abuse. I know I posted in another thread earlier that I was against government action, knowing more facts about this particular issue I will make a very rare exception by myself for this case. I hate the manipulation of the market and I hope the FCC gets involved. And I happen to have lost my “moved” station of NBC KARE 11. And normally I do question Dish’s side on disputes.

Reactions: scoob83
I'm without my local NBC station and I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would. The free indoor antenna DISH sent works great for me and the $5 courtesy credit is a nice bonus that counters the recent rate increase.

Reactions: Yespage
I'm without my local NBC station and I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would. The free indoor antenna DISH sent works great for me and the $5 courtesy credit is a nice bonus that counters the recent rate increase.

The $5 courtesy credit has nothing to do with your lost station. I'm getting it also and I don't even subscribe to local channels. I think we're getting it because we're such fine, upstanding citizens.

I love Dish but this dispute is old. I have lost multiple local channels. I have always sided with Dish but now I feel they are just cheap and this one has gone on too long. How have all the other cable providers reached an agreement but not Dish. Starting to begrudgingly explore switching to Cable.
Same issue last year only with ABC on Directv

The $5 courtesy credit has nothing to do with your lost station. I'm getting it also and I don't even subscribe to local channels. I think we're getting it because we're such fine, upstanding citizens.

Interesting. I just did a chat with DISH about a billing issue and asked about why the $5 credit. They confirmed it was because I lost my local Tegna station (WGRZ). So there's that.....

If I am thinking right, my local cable company is also having a dispute with Tegna.

well, I lost a tegna station, and have receive no credits... :confused:
kare 11 NBC,
(already had the tuner installed, so just had to add a few timers for 11.1 )
KARE 11 was one of my “moved” stations prior to the dispute. I am “moved” and in North Mankato, MN which gets both the Twin Cities, MN and Mankato, MN so luckily I get the NBC station, KMNF 7. Of course I also get my true local Rochester, MN OTA NBC station, KTTC 10.1, and when I both have it not too cold so I can use my OTA rotor and also able to get a good signal I can get Twin Cities, MN NBC KARE 11.1 as well as Eau Claire, WI NBC WEAU 13.1.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The TV landscape is a mess. It's all about the streaming services now anyway (Wheel of Time, Star Trek, Mandalorian, etc.). I'm spending more then ever.

Biggest thing keeping me on Dish is this stack of hard drives with archived content I'll never have time to watch.

OTA is fine for me, but I'm sure there's people that have problems with an antenna. It does seem weird to pay large fees for what you can get for free by poking a stick of metal into the air.

Dish has always been cheaper then most WRT disputes (crap it took years to get HBO back). But this happens with all multi channel providers (even Roku.. I thought they were neutral).

Not a fan of Tegna (and Sinclair) in general. These giant conglomerates snatching up local markets are killing the independence that the local broadcasters are supposed to provide.

10 more years... then we'll just be subscribing to all our channels directly.

Cancelled DISH on 12/8 /21 after 25 years with them.

I have used Sling tv since June of this year and I like it. and have Blue sling + top Tv deal which includes the 200 hr cloud dvr, Sports extra, Comedy extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra, Hollywood Extra and Kids Extra all for $56.00 a month. NO EXTRA FEEs like additional receiver fees.

It has channels I watch including BBC America which Flex pack didn't have. I have my ota locals integrated into my Sling guide and I'm using an antenna + 4 tuner Tv Anywhere tower with internal hard drive that can record 4 ota channels at same time and can record 200 hrs of ota. I has 3 streams so you can use it on 3 tvs or your phone , I pad etc. I liked DISH but the fees for dvr and additional receivers where to high. If DISH had allowed those who bought their own receivers to not pay additional fees and the dvr fee I would of thought about staying.

The only problem I see in Streaming world is that the live tv apps like Hulu and Youtube Tv are getting as high as what cable and satellite have. Sling at least allows you to pay only $35.00 for basic pack of Programming. Even Philo is still only $25.00 for like 60 channels with complete cloud dvr for nothing. I will keep Sling tv till I see it going the same direction as cable and satellite. If it keeps on going up I'm going with Pluto and ota or Philo .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts