Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
While watching the SNL X-Mas thing that was on tonight I saw a crawl on KARE 11 (NBC) that it may be dropped from directv 10/3 at 10:59PM...

Thats tonight! This would affect all Tegna (Gannett) stations

http://static.kare11.com/DIRECTV/

Starting at 11 p.m. December 3, KARE may not be available on DIRECTV. That means you could lose access to your favorite NBC programming, including NFL Sunday Night Football, entertainment programming such as The Voice, Law & Order: SVU, Chicago PD and the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, as well as your local news, weather and sports.

I was watching the SNL Christmas special yesterday and my local Tegna station was running a crawl at the top of the screen saying DirecTV subscribers may likely lose access to 12News and NBC programming at 9:59 PM on December 3rd.

First I've heard of this.

http://static.12news.com/DIRECTV/

love this question on their site

Didn’t your station just have a service disruption with DISH? :D

is AT&T U-Verse affected by this dispute due to AT&T's recent buyout of DirecTV.

i bet those who just switched to DirecTV from Dish during the TEGNA/Dish dispute back in October are feeling Deja Vu.

BTW: i'm still with Dish at the moment and my household has been thinking about switching to DirecTV on and off since mid February. around that time, we were having issues with the VIP 722K DVRs and then upgraded to the Hopper.

Ice,
You typed the disruption date as being 10/3 in your original post .... that was a long time ago.

Will,
While we don't know who is doing the negotiating now that the companies are combined, however D* has had a very good track record as far at getting contracts completed or extended over the years .... most stations don't go black, if they do they are usually for a short time frame.

I think we can count on one hand the number of lengthy holdouts.

Ice,
You typed the disruption date as being 10/3 in your original post .... that was a long time ago.
whoops. Yeah meant DECEMBER 3rd ;)

Will,
While we don't know who is doing the negotiating now that the companies are combined, however D* has had a very good track record as far at getting contracts completed or extended over the years .... most stations don't go black, if they do they are usually for a short time frame.
Dish just had the same issue in Ocotber and it was dropped for 36 hours. DIrectv usually gets extensions with the owners

in a update, i saw the scroll on WFAA today and it answered my question on "Is U-Verse affected" and the answer is yes.

so tonight, TEGNA owned stations go dark on both DirecTV and U-Verse.

UPDATE: Checking KING/5's website just now it seems there's a 24-hour extension. So we'll have to undergo another day's worth of this nonsense.

At least NBC can take it easy. A lot of west coasters won't miss what's left of "The Wiz." Personally I missed a good amount of that because of what CBS was running.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts