OTHER Tek2000 7.5ft LNB Support Holes?

Captain Midnight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
Greers Ferry, Arkansas
I'm needing some assembly info on the Tek2000 7.5ft mesh dish. A friend of mine has one but it doesn't have instructions and we were wondering where to drill the holes for the LNB struts. Anyone else have one that could help us out? We're trying to make sure we get the correct focal length. Is the focal length in the Tek2000 spec list on the website correct?
Thanks.

We have gotten no response from Tek2000

Maybe somebody will. I hope so. If you have the focal length of the dish and you place the LNBF in the scalar at the right distance I would cut a dowel rod the focal length of the dish and position your feed arms so the dowel enters the LNBF throat 1/4" like most people suggest. That is of course you have the arms bolted to the scalar already. It's crazy that the dish comes with such crappy instructions. I dont even see a 7-1/2' dish on the site. 8' yeah. Laying out the arm distances from the rim equally to keep the feed centered and establishing focus is going to be a bear. Maybe chunks of wire through the mesh and rod holes to get things mocked up before you drill holes??

Maybe somebody will. I hope so. If you have the focal length of the dish and you place the LNBF in the scalar at the right distance I would cut a dowel rod the focal length of the dish and position your feed arms so the dowel enters the LNBF throat 1/4" like most people suggest. That is of course you have the arms bolted to the scalar already. It's crazy that the dish comes with such crappy instructions. I dont even see a 7-1/2' dish on the site. 8' yeah. Laying out the arm distances from the rim equally to keep the feed centered and establishing focus is going to be a bear. Maybe chunks of wire through the mesh and rod holes to get things mocked up before you drill holes??
They claim their dish is 8ft but it is only 7.5ft diameter...

I have read the guide. It doesn't tell me where the hole should be drilled. I was hoping someone could tell me real quick. Guess I can just figure it out myself.

Here's the math if you want to work it out on paper:

Here's an online calculator that works well, you just have to convert your dish measurements in centimeters first. You need the diameter, and depth, and it'll tell you the rest. Prime Focus Satellite Antenna reflector calculation

Here's an online calculator that works well, you just have to convert your dish measurements in centimeters first.

The cm as unit-indication is of no importance there. You can also input mm-, dm-, inch-, foot-, yard-, mile - values, whatever you like.
Then the outcome is also in mm, dm, inch, foot, yard, mile, etc.

The beamwidth is the only value, that is indeed measured in the unit 'degree' (as in 360 degrees per complete circle). That follows the given lengths-proportions.

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts