Tele Culture Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fafhrd2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Fairmont WV
I have been watching yhis channel more and more lately. It is on G19 12177 TP. They have Classic Arts Showcase -type programs and foreign movies w/ English subtitles. Last night they showed Boris Gudunov, a 1954 Russian cinemayic opera, with lavish costumes, cast of thousands, great acting/singing by the cast, and panoramic scenery and historic settings. They do also run infomercials, though. Sometimes they show travel documentaries and ethnic programs --Armenian, Middle Eastern stuff. Anyone else have opinions or comments to share?

Re-aligned to 97W a few days ago and kept Teleculture in my channel line-up. Looks like it might be interesting. Is it always in English or is it some English and some not like some other channels?

Re-aligned to 97W a few days ago and kept Teleculture in my channel line-up. Looks like it might be interesting. Is it always in English or is it some English and some not like some other channels?

It seems to be a little of both..They were showing the Marx Brothers film "A Day At The Races" in English with English commercials..

I have been watching yhis channel more and more lately. It is on G19 12177 TP. They have Classic Arts Showcase -type programs and foreign movies w/ English subtitles. Last night they showed Boris Gudunov, a 1954 Russian cinemayic opera, with lavish costumes, cast of thousands, great acting/singing by the cast, and panoramic scenery and historic settings. They do also run infomercials, though. Sometimes they show travel documentaries and ethnic programs --Armenian, Middle Eastern stuff. Anyone else have opinions or comments to share?

It is in my favorite list!;)

I tuned in after seeing this thread. The first thing I saw was runway models in bikinis! (I thought FTV was back)

Now there's an interesting program about Lebanon. This channel really looks promising.

I found their website. Unfortunately, their schedule lacks detail, such as names of movies. Here's the link for the schedule:

Tele-Culture Entertainment Lifestyle Education for THE affluent viewer.

I think the times listed on their schedule are Pacific.

TeleCulture

Sounds like a good channel. I've added it to my favorites list. I'm also glad to hear that French, Russian and Italian will gain some airtime.

Audio quality: C or C- right now. Needs improvement.
Video: fine for me.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit/Correction: I checked the sound on my "big" 32-inch tv. Sounds fine there. I guess it just doesn't come through well on my old 13-inch Panasonic.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts