Telemundo @79w low signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
Telemundo @79w barely lockable at 30% today. This had never happened before that I remember. I´ve always had 99%.

Anyone else watching this?

I have perfect clear weather and nothing has changed in my setup, so I´m pretty sure it´s the signal. Anyone?

world cup coming, can be something planned to lower it

It's more likely start of summer mosoon seasons here in New Mexico and besides in S.E. part of the state get more rains than here in Albuquerque!:)

It's more likely start of summer mosoon seasons here in New Mexico and besides in S.E. part of the state get more rains than here in Albuquerque!:)

and if KTEL ever goes off the bird, the uplink probably has been destroyed by stuff they get a lot of in the area - tornados.

whoever is having issues, check the signal level Friday (6/11) - it's supposed to be hot and dry so there shouldn't be much of a chance of afternoon severe weather.

I´ve been checking Ktel regularly at different hours of the day since tuesday. The signal has not improved.

I hope this situation is not permanent.

I have the same issue. I even lost signal completely for a day and it came back but never to the 99Q level , only have of it or more on the CS8100. weather very nice here.

Only in Closed Captioing 3 "CC3" at least 25% are in English.:)

As for other Spanish networks like Univision, they don't care about English in CC.:(:rant:

I thought they only broadcast CC3 in prime time 7-11PM.
Have you found it outside of this time range and have you ever attempted to record CC3?
It seems that no one supports the recording of it.

I´m getting an improvement on signal tonight 60 - 70% very jumpy, at times up to 78. Used to have 99% before though.

Can anyone confirm this?

After a week of barely watchable 30% I sure hope they´re fixing the Q for good. The wife needs her daily fix of "novelas". :D

I´m getting an improvement on signal tonight 60 - 70% very jumpy, at times up to 78. Used to have 99% before though.

Can anyone confirm this?

After a week of barely watchable 30% I sure hope they´re fixing the Q for good. The wife needs her daily fix of "novelas". :D

Yeah! The Q is much better! I note that yesterday...! Very good:):up

:D

not too surprising an increase in signal quality - one is just a little stronger than the other.

here is something interesting

11900 H 2170 shows as 35-40 quality and heavy pixeling on the GeosatPro but I did a blind scan and it logged
11903 H 2170 and that is at a 70 quality

a new blind scan wont lock 11900 but will lock 11903 just fine

so if you are having signal issues, try 11903 H 2170

11904 is coming in at only a 5% increase for me but it seems more stable at 65%. 11900 is jumping a lot between 45 - 60%

Nice find Ice!

11904 is coming in at only a 5% increase for me but it seems more stable at 65%. 11900 is jumping a lot between 45 - 60%

Nice find Ice!

I believe my post #15 in this thread comes before post #16 unless this a new twist to million man math. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)