Status
Please reply by conversation.

playyymaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Hello everyone,

I can't get Telemundo on AMC 5 anymore. Is it still there?
I just got a 120 cm Fortec Star dish and it is HUGE I am afraid to attach it to my motor. Has anyone done this and not fried the motor?

Thanks,

If you want Spanish programming you may want to go C-band and get a bigger dish :)

The Fortec is not that big, I had one didn't like it much, I replaced it with a Patriot 1.1 meter both have been on my Stab HH120 and I have not had any problems.

PBS is weak but they are there

12180 V 30000 (while bunch of them in AC-3 audio)
12145 H 4340 (Montana PBS)

PBS is weak but they are there

12180 V 30000 (while bunch of them in AC-3 audio)
12145 H 4340 (Montana PBS)

I'm confused the pbs in on AMC-3 right? Telemundo is on AMC-5 (carlsbad) or is there one on AMC-3 also. Also the PBS on AMC-3 here is really strong (or was) I havent looked in awile, I get AMC-3 really strong (supprisingly).

Also there is allot of spanish on G10r - ku (no telemundo though), telemundo seems few and far between.

Hi ICSTEPHEN,

You are right, I am talking about too many things in one post and not specifying their location.
I guess this happens when you are used to having a motor.

The spanish channels i get are:

Telemundo (used to)
Azteca 7
Azteca 13
Univision 1
Univision 2
Telefutura
Gol TV

Everything else is in english and or repeat stations of the previous.

Are there any other good spanish stations that I am missing? (non religious ones)

Thanks,

its ok...I have been below the curve this week and I was scratching my head, I am not sure what is out there as I don't spak spanish although I did used to watch a few shows on Telemundo and I sometimes watch superginate (sp?), I think there might be allot of stuff on C-band on the mexican satellites but I have not looked. The only stuff I know of on Ku is G10r & G26 (ex-IA6)

I'm confused the pbs in on AMC-3 right? Telemundo is on AMC-5 (carlsbad) or is there one on AMC-3 also. Also the PBS on AMC-3 here is really strong (or was) I havent looked in awile, I get AMC-3 really strong (supprisingly).

Also there is allot of spanish on G10r - ku (no telemundo though), telemundo seems few and far between.

He's talking about the PBS audio, it's in AC-3. This is an audio format that needs a decoder in order for you to hear it, not a different satellite. :)

Are there any other good spanish stations that I am missing? (non religious ones)

V-me ( is like a Spanish PBS ) AC-3 Audio and can be found along with the PBS stations on AMC 3 @ 87.0 W.

A couple of TELEVISA channels from Northern Mexico can be found at 43.0 W. , programming and Feeds starts in AM and one channel does show old movies , not consistent sometimes channels are switched off in early evening.

Other than that , Plenty of Spanish Channels from Cuba -Spain-South America( I like them ) but you have to swing over to Hispasat @ 30.0 W.

He's talking about the PBS audio, it's in AC-3. This is an audio format that needs a decoder in order for you to hear it, not a different satellite. :)

yea but he did not differentiate between the two and it sounded (in conjunction with the post he was replying to) that PBS was on AMC-5. I know all about AC3 unfortunately, however my fix for that is scheduled to arrive Monday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)