Tell me witch dish to get.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

supermod38

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
central, ny
First post, glad to have found this forum.

I am a new dish customer (had dtv) I would like to know what dish would be the best for camping. easy to set up and cheap. don't care about HD when camping so SD is fine.

do i need dual lnb's to get reg channels or can i go with a single.

can i get most of the chs with just one LNB ?

i can get a 500 plus reasonable, would that be too much to set up temp?

Thanks for any input, Bob

also can i get most of the chs with just one single LNB, like 119 or 110

Last edited:
the 500+ is a pretty big dish, used for customers who receive international programing.......a dish 500 is what you want if you are doing it on the cheap, if not the tailgater is real nice...

Actually the easiest will be the Tailgator with a ViP211K. By far. It will automagically pick the right satellite and aim itself.

dish 500 is what i would recommend. I use one for tailgating and I even have a frankenstein 3rd LNB added to get 129. Remember you need a perfectly vertical pole or tripod or you will have a harder time aligning a dish with two LNB's.

dish 500 is what i would recommend. I use one for tailgating and I even have a frankenstein 3rd LNB added to get 129. Remember you need a perfectly vertical pole or tripod or you will have a harder time aligning a dish with two LNB's.

I agree with matt on this one. A dish 500 (not 500+) gets you 119 and 110, which will get you all of your channels in SD.

thanks for the input.

Why would you want a witch dish? and this don't bother me. (thick skin)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts