TELSTAR 12 15.0W Good Video Quality Poor Audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebu22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
Hi, I am receiving good signal quality on TELSTAR 12 at 15.0W. Unfortunately, the audio is poor -
mix of music and voice on PAMPA - Brasilian channel. Coolsat 5000 receiver. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

sounds like they are mixing both as separate audio channels, like left audio has voice and then right audio has music so if you tell the receiver to play stereo it will mix both. some channels do that , they broadcast 2 mono channels as left and right on the same audio track (APID). The CS 6000 has a "green" audio/video key that allows you to select left or right or even set CC ON I think. Try that and see if it helps.

Went to check on this for you, but I'm not seeing PAMPA - Brazilian channel at all. I do get my favs. TAPI and Chilevision even though Chile scans in as $, it is ITC.

The SD Pampa Channel (used to scan as Service 2 SD) is gone. No Signal, only the HD TP is working

Scan in as DVB-Server
12081 H 3511 MPEG-4 HD
V33 A34 P33

Thanks hd fan and all others. Yes, by changing the audio mode from stereo to left I am able to hear the audio in Portuguese only. I can describe how happy I am with such a simple resolution. Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts