Telstar 12 Ku @ 15W Channel Lineup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
This satellite is pretty low in the sky and the Eastern-most available at this QTH but always has about a half-dozen TV and radio channels ITC, this is this morning's scan. Dish is an old rehabbed commercial 1m Channel Master, and an Invacomm QPC-031 . The Invacomm was my first LNB and I like it because it has 4 outputs, 2 for linear 2 for circular.

Lots of paid channels on this one too.

Attachments

• 100_5530.JPG
    100_5530.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 100_5536.JPG
    100_5536.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Dont waste your time now. There is no channels on this sat anymore. There are two sats in this position.
Telestar 12 - Only occasional feeds now listed. All permanent channels gone/moved.
Telestar 12 Vintage - Footprint out of coverage for US. A Pan American footprint was listed but still no reception on this one listed feed (Hispan TV). Better off receiving the same channel on 30W with stronger signal.

So there are two Telstars now? Did not know of Telstar Vintage (Vantage?).

I will repoint my dish back to Telstar 12 - right now it is on 91W to catch all the feeds.

By the way, there is a movie called Telstar, about the guy who wrote the song in 1962, Joe Meek. He was inspired by the launching of one of the first satellites used in the USA for transmitting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.