temp station for portland channels

mmdieter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
central OR
I live about 100 miles east of Portland OR and we don't have any locals in my small town. Dish gives me Portland locals. Starting today in the channel 9000 range there are portland locals that say something to effect of this is a temp home for your portland locals, they will be replaced by locals from a different city soon.

What does this mean?

mmdieter said:
I live about 100 miles east of Portland OR and we don't have any locals in my small town. Dish gives me Portland locals. Starting today in the channel 9000 range there are portland locals that say something to effect of this is a temp home for your portland locals, they will be replaced by locals from a different city soon.

What does this mean?

The 9000 range locals are being provided for subscribers who don't have a dish pointing at the 110 satellite (Dish moved Portland locals from 119 to 110), but they will go away eventually. If you show these same channels in the 8670 - 8680 range you don't have anything to worry about, if not, you need to contact dish about getting what will probably be a Dish 500 upgrade.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts