Terabyte External Hard Drive

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Has anyone installed an external hard drive bigger than the 750G limit and it worked? If so, can you share the brand and size? I would like to install a terabyte.

Has anyone installed an external hard drive bigger than the 750G limit and it worked? If so, can you share the brand and size? I would like to install a terabyte.

I'm using a 1 TB Calvary Mfg Part#: CAUM3701T0 - Have had no Problems.

NightRyder

Or we could just answer the mans question. I am using a couple Western Digital MyBook 1TB drives on a 622 and 722. They have worked great!

On tech chat the only caveat mentioned is to avoid terabyte and larger drives that house multiple smaller drives - they are problematic.

Or we could just answer the mans question. I am using a couple Western Digital MyBook 1TB drives on a 622 and 722. They have worked great!

Thanks for the confirmation on this particular EHD. I have seen it and was considering buying it, but not until someone like you has tried it and confirms it works. A great big thank you. BTW I am using the 750GB WD My Book Home Edition and it works great.

I've used a Western Digital 1TB GP (green power drive) in an eaglebit consus n-series box ($10). Worked fine.

The GP drives are interesting. They have a variable spindle rate 5400->7200 rpm, and are designed to save power & run cool.

The drive is 180 to $200 at microcenter.

I've used a Western Digital 1TB GP (green power drive) in an eaglebit consus n-series box ($10). Worked fine.

The GP drives are interesting. They have a variable spindle rate 5400->7200 rpm, and are designed to save power & run cool.

The drive is 180 to $200 at microcenter.

It's the same drive that's in the 1 TB Calvary I have.

NightRyder

what is a good name brand hard drive that is comebatable with the vip722 looking for a cheap 500 to 750gb hd anyone know where i could find one cheep?

I just paid the EHD fee after hearing in the tech chat that it would be going up. I don't need an EHD yet, but the info I this thread is giving me invaluable information. I thought the 750 GIG limit was the current max the VIPs were capable of accomodating. It's great to hear thatI can go up to 1 TB.

Ok found a Western digital my book essental 1tb usb hd for 219.99 at microcenter would this drive work on the 722? and is this a good price?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)