Termination Question

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
I have had enough of Dish Network. I just ordered Direct and the installation is May 8th.

Should I just wait for that day to call Dish to cancel or should I call now to pre-cancel? I do want to keep some service without any lapses.

The SNY thing that just happened along with last years MSG dispute and the whole Voom debicle is what put me over the edge. Also I have still not gotten over loosing MonstersHD and RaveHD! I am done with Dish unless they want to pay me to watch. :popcorn

I was going to give Direct a try one time after Dish pissed me off, and then the DirecTV scheduling group screwed me over by calling me 10 minutes before my install time to tell me they didn't have the receivers I would need. Lost a day of vacation because of that. Told them to go pound sand. Ended up being a better deal for me in the long run. Good luck with the switch.

nope...never have. :)

gee I guess if you read the OP's post he lists the reason for leaving...Dish dumping his RSN's

gee I guess you didn't read the post either because I don't see anywhere where he said he was leaving because they weren't in HD.

Reading his post (and his others recently) show that the reason he is leaving is because of the RSN issue. :) Most people who have left to other providers because of the RSN's want them in HD.

I was answering the question about when he should cancel his Dish subscription. Your post (much like the last dozen or so of yours) brings nothing to the table :rolleyes:

Reading his post (and his others recently) show that the reason he is leaving is because of the RSN issue. :) Most people who have left to other providers because of the RSN's want them in HD.

I was answering the question about when he should cancel his Dish subscription. Your post (much like the last dozen or so of yours) brings nothing to the table :rolleyes:

What exactly do yours bring to the table when all you do on this forum is bash dish? Scott needs to create a bash dishnetwork forum and you and some others can post to your hearts content.

Well I canceled E and tried OTA only with TIVO for a couple weeks before going with comcast..

Life is more than TV

Good Lord! Bob, have you had a closed head injury or something? You have been the undisputed KING of satellite junkies on the forums over the years and I never thought we would see the day that you jumped ship for cable. :eek:

What exactly do yours bring to the table when all you do on this forum is bash dish?
yep 63 1/2 thousand posts and all I do is bash Dish :rolleyes:
I answered the Op's question which was
Should I just wait for that day to call Dish to cancel or should I call now to pre-cancel? I do want to keep some service without any lapses.
YOU took it as me bashing Dish.

Scott needs to create a bash dishnetwork forum and you and some others can post to your hearts content.
we do. Its called the War Zone :)
Maybe you should check it out too since you seem to bash anyone's opinion.

Good Lord! Bob, have you had a closed head injury or something? You have been the undisputed KING of satellite junkies on the forums over the years and I never thought we would see the day that you jumped ship for cable. :eek:

uh oh...you just opened up Pandora's s**t box....If you read Haller's posts you'll know why he left Dish....he's only mentioned it like 1200 times...and now he'll get to tell us again why he left ;)

yep 63 1/2 thousand posts and all I do is bash Dish :rolleyes:
I answered the Op's question which was

YOU took it as me bashing Dish.

we do. Its called the War Zone :)
Maybe you should check it out too since you seem to bash anyone's opinion.

I only "bash" people that come on here that don't even have dish anymore just to annoy others that might be happy with it and not think that directv is so perfect just because they have hd rsn's.

@yes keep dish on untill dtv is running . Make sure to get all you want and need from direct prior to letting them install as they will bend and give almost any thing you ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)