Terra Nova

There was too much emphasis on the kids (to make it family friendly), which bogged it down.
You didn't find it compelling that the daughter needed a chip to repair her tablet & allow her to keep up with her social networks & personal blog? My God,I was spell bound "feeling her pain."

As terrible as the show was, I doubt we'll see it back. Maybe a "movie" to tie up the only interesting loose end. But if I never see this show again I wouldn't lose any sleep.

What annoys me most about this show is that it has the worst science of any SF show I've ever seen. (I'm not counting things like Dr. Who that no sane person would expect to be hard SF -- those I classify as fantasy.)

Ok We ran out of things to watch and watched the series on Hulu until we caught up to tonights season finale.
We kept watching.... we have a tendency to do that if something is different. Unlike a lot of you I really like Stephen Lang. He is in amazing shape for a 60 year old man.

I think it would be funny if they did a series movie wrapping up the story line and the kicker would be : The changes made by the Terra Nova crew back in the stone age , cause the world to look different in 2149. The Dinosaurs are now running the world and humans are extinct.

Well at least the finale was good. Unfortunately you cannot have that much action on a day to day basis.

I was bored with the series, but after the finale I could probably watch another season.

I have about 6 episodes to catch up on, if I ever get around to it. The show just did not wow me, and as a result, I stopped watching in October. Good to know the finale was good, but not certain if it is worth my time.

The only thing unresolved for me was did the daughter ever get her tablet to work again? Just because they're cut off from the future......forever,doesn't mean she should be cut off from her blog. That's just cruel. Well I guess I'll just have to watch the SyFy marathon when they buy up the episodes of this canceled series to see if I missed anything.

I thought the dino chase on the catwalk was sub-par, effects-wise. Otherwise, it was the best of the season.

Finally watched the finale last night and really enjoyed how much they moved the story forward. While not my favorite show of recent memory, I did look forward to each week's installment. It didn't bother me that the show downplayed the dinosaur interaction, as I don't think I would have stuck with a "dinosaur attack of the week" series. And, though cloying at times, I did find the family bits charming in small doses. Overall, I thought the show struck a nice balance between character development, action, drama, and intrigue.

I thought the dino chase on the catwalk was sub-par.
Effects, story, suspension of disbelief and in every other way! I have giant issues with people running away from explosions! In any universe when something explodes it happens in milliseconds! No running or jumping or whatever out of the way!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts