Terra Nova

With as much money as they invested they should have had better looking dinosaurs.I think most people that tuned in were expecting to see jurassic park like dinos not syfy dinos.

...of course the writing, acting, story and overall cheesy production quality didn't help matters. I really wanted to embrace this show, but it felt like so many low-budget SciFi shows. Go figure!

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

It would be a great show for NBC, its ratings would be tops compared to the other NBC shows... But, I think it is going to be toast.

I knew it wouldn't make it on Fox. Sci-fi shows and Fox have a long history of short run series. They never make it for long. " Fringe" has surprised me by lasting as long as it has, but it is teetering too. I only hope that Fringe wraps up the series this spring and not leave us hanging.

Sliders is the only sci fi fox show that I can remember syfy channel picking up.It was a much cheaper show to produce though.

They took SG1 from Showtime.

Yep and surprisingly did well with it.That said when they didn't pick up Jericho I knew the old sci fi channel was going downhill (syfy) Now mostly reality crap.

MikeD-C05 said:
I read today that they might let Terra Nova have a second season on Netlfix. So it may not be dead yet.

Perhaps, but Netflix may as well be dead to me after they crapped and whizzed on their long-time customers last year. But that's another topic of discussion. ;)

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

I just noticed there will be a Terra Nova marathon on the Science Channel all day on July 7th for those who missed the first, and only, 13-episode Season 1. I take it the plans to bring this series to life on Netflix failed.

Yes, once again the Science Channel becomes the Science Fiction channel and throws away its format to whore itself out.
I liked the series okay, that's not the problem. My problem is with the Science Channel...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)