Terrified at the thought of installers messing with my house

I've seen subs, retailers, RSPs and in-house techs all do top notch work and I've seen them all do work that just makes you say "WTF?"

It's luck of the draw on who and what you get.

I've seen subs, retailers, RSPs and in-house techs all do top notch work and I've seen them all do work that just makes you say "WTF?"

It's luck of the draw on who and what you get.

But your odds of getting a good job go up exponentially if you use a local retailer who's been in business under the same name for a long time. They are usually very protective of their reputations and have the most to lose if they do a bad job. InHouse, RSP's and the rest will probably be in another line of work before your commitment is up. :)

But your odds of getting a good job go up exponentially if you use a local retailer who's been in business under the same name for a long time. They are usually very protective of their reputations and have the most to lose if they do a bad job. InHouse, RSP's and the rest will probably be in another line of work before your commitment is up. :)

I wouldn't say exponentially.
Maybe it's just the retailers in this area, but generally their installs aren't any better. Some are even worse because they still use unapproved equip and aren't subject to qas inspections.

I wouldn't say exponentially.
Maybe it's just the retailers in this area, but generally their installs aren't any better. Some are even worse because they still use unapproved equip and aren't subject to qas inspections.

Naturally there are exceptions in every case. I've seen terrible work from fly by night retailers and great work by the RSP's around here too. Generally any retailer on the Dish look up tool is as proficient as they get and are up on all the rules and use approved materials. They get QAS'D too, that's how Dish makes sure of it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts