Test Channels 9300 & 9301 should stay on ! *Update: They are up now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Guys, you're going to get the "Channel not purchased" screen if you don't normally receive that channel. Those of you getting it, I'm guessing, don't have the NFL Network on your packages.

that's what i intially thought. but then i wondered.....i thought everybody got nfl network? maybe, not. its the only semi-logical explaination i have.

Guys, you're going to get the "Channel not purchased" screen if you don't normally receive that channel. Those of you getting it, I'm guessing, don't have the NFL Network on your packages.

...or the engineers just wanted to watch NFL network while they work:)

Not true - I get the NFL network 212 and do not get 9000 only message 721

When I checked 9301 was on. A guy was in the jungle making a bow & arrows. It was not sharp. Not even close. I've also got cable. My cable can be very sharp at times. Some PBS HD shows last year were fantastic on cable. I hope D* will be as good. It will be interesting to compare the two once the 103b gets well established.

When I checked 9301 was on. A guy was in the jungle making a bow & arrows. It was not sharp. Not even close. I've also got cable. My cable can be very sharp at times. Some PBS HD shows last year were fantastic on cable. I hope D* will be as good. It will be interesting to compare the two once the 103b gets well established.

Everyone just needs to keep in mind that in order to really compare PQ you need to be using the exact same setup and watching the exact same show. Comparing one network/channel/show/TV to another will never give you an accurate idea of what the PQ is.

Most of the shows on 9301 have been upconverted SD and/or extreme conditions (low light, hand-held cameras, etc) that are never going to lend themselves to good PQ, from what I have seen.

Everyone just needs to keep in mind that in order to really compare PQ you need to be using the exact same setup and watching the exact same show. Comparing one network/channel/show/TV to another will never give you an accurate idea of what the PQ is.

Most of the shows on 9301 have been upconverted SD and/or extreme conditions (low light, hand-held cameras, etc) that are never going to lend themselves to good PQ, from what I have seen.

Also keep in mind these are the TEST channels. Directv is still working on the system. If it still look that way after they are done testing and flip the "switch" then that might be cause to br worried

I was over in the chat room at the other site and here's what it sounds like the problem is. Even if you have the Premier package you still need to see the drop/add for the HD access, Starz HD, Cineman HD and Sports Package HD on your account. If you only see the HD access but not the Sports Package you're probably not seeing 9300 after they changed to the NFL network last night from A&E. Some folks have reported that their account continues to get updated so hopefully D* will get around to getting everyone fixed before the turn up.

You can verify what's on your account by going to the D* site anc going to the change programming option. On the top of that page there's five selections, the far left is "Base Packages" and the far right is "Changes Summary", click on Changes Summary to see what D* has on your account for HD channel access.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts