Test DISH Signal with Directv Equipment

cpgny9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Hello,
I don't know if this is possible, but I want to make sure that I am able to receive the signals from DISH satellites before I call and schedule an appointment for installation (I'll need to take off of work to get it done). I have some Directv equipment (2 regular boxes and a Tivo Box) and my Directv dish is still on the roof. I am wondering if I hook the Directv box up to the dish and run the singnal meter on one of the directv boxes if I pointed the dish at Dish Network's satellites (one at a time)....will it recognize the satellite register the singnal strength?

Thanks
Chris

Hmmm . . .thanks for the info. Let me ask this.... I know I can get a signal from the 110 satellite from Directv (I know that I cannot get the 119) - - since I can get the 110 from Directv, does this mean that i can also get the 110 from DISH?

That depend what receiver you has, but if you are the new subscriber going to use new equipments from dish, the DTV dish is useless.

If you were able to get programming off the 110 satellite from Directv you will also be able to get programming from DISH. But if you couldn't get programming from 119 you probably won't want DISH Network seeing their core programming is broadcast off the 119 satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts