Test Patterns

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
HDNET runs excellent test patterns at 5:50 am. I find these really good especially for me with my HD crt projection set. (PhillipsPP9100D) progressive picture.
The 1st part is for colors but don;t stop there, next is the convergence screen for those of us that need it, and then the real test of your sets resolution. Read what is on the screen and your will be able to tell what the horzontal and vertical resolution are and also if you can see a 1080i signal on your screen. This is part of the paragraph on the left side. I can read the 2nd to the last line very clearly so I know my set will show 1080 i.

As far as I am concerned, this also proves that this channel at 5:50 am on tue is being sent in 1080i or we would not be able to read it.
Try it, you will like it.
Dave.

PS I know I have posted this elsewhere but many do not know about it so I just thought it would be of help to some of you.

Is it on everyday at 5:30am? or just Tuesday only?

thansk for the info.

Tomorrow A.M.

It will be Tue morning at 6:50 E/5:50 C . It isn't everyday or even every week. Next time it will air is at same time 10/10/06. Yes they talk about what is going on with what is on the screen. I have it recorded as a protected event so I don't delete it.

He is right

Jordan420 said:
No but here is a page that does, also note that the overscan numbers on the pattern are incorrect
http://www.smartcalibration.com/hdnetpatterns.html
Sorry. I've done it so many times on monitors I guess it has become 2nd nature to me. I don't even need the blue filter anymore to set a monitor. If you can afford it the ISF calibration is the best way to go. The time is at 6:50 E not at 8 AM as the paper says.

Last edited:
Also note that these don't show up in the guide data. You have to go to HDNet's web site and search their programming to find it. I set up manual timers to record it. I actually set up two manual timers because I wasn't sure about the time zone thing. I just deleted the recording that didn't have the test patterns in it.

The next step is for me to change the title of the recording because it states that I recorded whatever show preceeded the test patterns.

Can any of you read the smallest line on the resolution chart on the left side of the resolution screen. I can make out a few words but not all so I am seeing 1080i on the screen.
Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)