Test Tool for FREE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Got your attention! Yesterday I picked up my FREE 14" analog colour TV with composite input connector. It is just 5 years old and in virtually new condition with remote control. I found it in our local free ads in kijiji. They have a free category. The lady said she couldn't find anybody to sell this item to. Nobody wants them and she was happy to give it to me since otherwise she needs to pay to take it to electronic recycle. This unit is small, light and a perfect tool to take out to the dishes to help in aligning them. A strip of duct tape on the top of the TV makes a perfect home for the microHD to sit on. The value of a local TV rather than using some system of relaying your receiver video out to the dish is there is no delay when using the TV. I've learned that lack of delay makes a lot of difference in quickly getting the dish pointed.

Attachments

• Test Tool.jpg
    Test Tool.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Yes yes yes, I paid a fee to get rid of a small CRT set this year, but it was replaced with an early 18" HDTV with a scratched screen, now pressed into service for tweaking dishes. I literally laid in the grass last week for a good long while, mesmerized by some NHK dancing girls.

I've also seen free computers in same ads. Maybe I'll go shopping for a PC to hold a sat card.

I hope those dancing girls were someplace warmer than here. As I write, first snow has begun.

The HDTV has no HDMI input, guess it predates that. Would imagine more will start showing up as freebies.

The NHK girls were hot, the ambient temperature wouldn't much matter.

"The moment we stop looking is the moment we're dead, Charlie".
-- Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade in Scent of a Woman

I been using a little program for android called ooVoo that I have been using. Its just a program that can do a video conference over Wifi. I have one device pointing at the screen and I can take the other outside and do small adjustments for signal instead of taking out another receiver, tv, etc

Its pretty handy

13inch crt tv. 20 foot extension cord and power strip all stored together in my storage shed. Ready for any emergency adjustments. Maybe a pain to drag it out but in 10 mins or less I can deploy including dropping the tailgate on my truck.

Yes, I am still Using My Baby Monitor 7" (black & white color) with audio & video in ..used to monitor my Baby before.. I love it!! Another day I found other one like mine in garage sale for 5 bucks..got it!!!..

Use to drag a 13" TV out to aim the dishes...then got a little 7" TV and that made it easier to haul out to the dish farm

True story: a friend of mine put on his 19" pc monitor on Craigslist for 40$. No hit. Every week he reduced the price by 10$ until it hit 0$. Then he got one reply asking if he delivered.

Gotta love Craigslist.

Cheers, K

I have a 15" lcd outside right now... I hope I finally have the turkey aimed right. So far, Cubavision came in which I never got before from that spot.

Cheers.K

Recently my neigbour had a garage sale. 2 crt tv's for sale in excellent condition. Finally reduced the price to 0. Finally took the 2 to the dump.
The local Rona hardware has a recycle dumpster. Its free. You should see the pile of CRT TV's. What a shame.
I a;so used a 13" crt out by the dish. It just got to awkward.
So Now I'm using my laptop with a video capture device connected to the Viewsat Ultra. This setup also provides access to Lyngsat or Dishpointer for alignment and TP info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts