Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
72W 12045V SR 1000
weather ch right now, but I believe they have been using this one for the storm-chaser program >Vortex must've started up again.
There was a thread a few days back about low-symbol rate signals and how current receivers worked on them, so here ya go.

The Openbox doesn't see it in a blind scan. Doesn't scan in in a TP scan either. Although it's a 73 Q. The Pansat 3500 (99Q)also doesn't get it with a blindscan either. TP scan also fails. 30inch, spitfire LNBF. Do you know the PID's?

OK I got it. Didn't blind scan in on my OpenBox, but manual key of the tp, then re-scan that tp only did it.
While you are on this sat, check out Harold Camping. See my sig.

Actually a good program. As I was watching a hurricane approach Cayman Is. I saw three Channel Master 1m dishes in one camera pan around the neighborhood, all mounted at lawn level.

Sorry fatair, I didn't write the pids down, and its off the air now. I'll try to remember it tomorrow.

channel is working fine on coolsat6000... strong signal.

but it will only blind scan in when I select "3.7 and under" in the blind scan menu... it doesnt find it on a "full" scan...

gonna check the pansat9200 and report back...

Pansat 3500SD only found it on TP scan after manual entry (after several tries, the signal, very strong, does not kick in right away). Have had those low SR on 72 before, and the Pansat did, sometimes, pick them up on blind scan. Don't have 72 connected to the AZBox so, obviously, didn't try it.

Yep, Got it on the Pansat 3500 in about the 12th TP scan. No such luck with the Openbox, FW Ver. HDS2-11-03-21:01A2M. May try entering the pids with the Openbox editor. Thanks.

My Icon rec scanned it in the first time, it is an amazing scanner. If I ever hear of one that is this sensitive, does HD, S2 and 4.2.2 I'll probably have to buy it.

I picked it up with 60% quality on my geosat 200c. There was a live feed with Mike Bettes walking to the storm chasing vehicle, but then went black.

The Openbox doesn't see it in a blind scan. Doesn't scan in in a TP scan either. Although it's a 73 Q.......

Same here on my Openbox (w/.9m 3ABN), no go on blindscan or tp scan, and I have 71Q. Please let us know if manual PID entry via the channel editor gets you a lock & view.

My Azbox Elite doesn't even catch a whiff of Q on this one.

TP scanned on the first try on my pansat 3500 and a 36" offset and a cheap lnb. TWC coming in with a 70% Q on this tp as opposed to a 60% on Nbc mux Ch2, though the picture quality is worse on tp 12055. Does this have to do with the low sr?

72W 12045V SR 1000

You guys with an OpenBox if you key in this TP manually, then scan that TP, you should see it.

The pids , if you want to edit them in (what a hassle)
V308
A 256
P 8190
SID 1

Please let us know if manual PID entry via the channel editor gets you a lock & view.
Yes, PID entry with the Openbox editor got it. An hour ago,it would play fine for anywhere from 3 to 20 seconds, then freezes for a second or two. Watching the Q, it falls to 6-7 for the 1 or 2 seconds, then back up to 71-73. Tried adjusting the freq up to + 4Mhz, no change right up to loosing it completely. Now, it seems a lot more stable, with Q of 71, dropping to ~55(for about a sec) a few times over the last 5 minutes. Whoops, just dropped to 7 for a second. Going to slave the 3500SD, see what it does.
EDIT: Appears to be the Openbox loosing lock. Pansat Q was solid.

Last edited:
72W 12045V SR 1000
weather ch right now, but I believe they have been using this one for the storm-chaser program >Vortex must've started up again.
There was a thread a few days back about low-symbol rate signals and how current receivers worked on them, so here ya go.

I tried this with my AZBox using BLIND SCAN. It didn't pick it up, but I did pick up the Jimmy Buffet channel! Really cool to see that, but it was only a feed and had nothing to do with JB. Darn!

I then tried to manually scan the TP you listed and the AZBox would not allow me to enter it. There were two TPs adjacent (12043 H and 12047 H) that I had to delete first, then the AZBox would take my manual entry of the 12045 V TP. Since the polarity was unique, it SHOULD have allowed me to enter 12045 V, but it would not. Another AZBox glitch list item. Ahem.

End result, I got the weather channel to log in as "DAD-3 Fiber TX-53" . 90% quality reading on the AZBox.

RADAR

Everybody , remember these 2 feeds ,Bloom1, 2 come and go rapidly when they are in the vehicles moving. I've had a dish on them for the last 2 days , it will drive you crazy trying to lock it in. With the signal dropping in and out, its a real hit / miss to catch them unless they are stopped. Everytime they go under a highway bridge, it drops out, and sometimes much more often than that. Watching them right now, looks like I70W but it's hard to read the road signs.

vantage vt1 signal quality 89 secan no problems vantage 1100 78 quality secan no problems azbox premium plus siganl 85 q no secan tray five times time in toronto very cloud openbox dont see no signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.