Testing Something On The Homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an interesting feature, might be nice to be able to click on something to have posts scroll by as they happen. It is a bit much for the front page when you are entering the site.

I don't really like it on the front page, I liked going to the vaisp page (Maybe you could just add a link from the frontpage to the vaispy page, so that it is not hidden like it used to be).

I don't care for the new front page.

I used the last ten posts all the time on the previous version all the time. It would give me time to read through the ten, pick the ones I wanted to read, refresh the page myself after looking through them all, and start over where I left off on the refreshed list.

I really like it but when you click on a topic, it should open in a new window automatically. Also, I would like to be able to jump directly to the last unread post instead of the last post.

Ok I changed it back. :) But I also kept it as well, so those who like this feature can find it at the bottom of the page. :)

Ok I changed it back. :) But I also kept it as well, so those who like this feature can find it at the bottom of the page. :)

good deal.

as far as my two pennies go:
I really like the full page mode... personally, I would like a tab for "Recent Posts" on the Nav Bar (under the Gold Sponsors marquee) that would bring up the full page mode. I bet that would help to cut down on excessive reloading on hot news days...

Would it be possible to have it user customized to show discussions from only the forums that the user is interested in? For example, this would be handy for me if I could limit it to just the DN forum, the Installers Forum and The Pub, but I don't really care about the White Sox, someone's HT setup, or ????

Come to think of it, perhaps you should replace this with a report of the last ten posts you've made, Scott. Those posts usually show up where the real valuable discussions are taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts