Texans close to deal for WR Moulds

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
From www.houstonchronicle.com The following is an overview of an article from the Houston Chronicle website....After days of negotiations,the Texans are close to finalizing a trade that will land Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds.The Texans have agreed to pay Moulds $14 million over four years in a deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus.The only part of the deal that has yet to be finalized is what the Texans will give the Bills for compensation.The Texans are offering a fifth round draft pick.The Bills are asking for a fourth round draft pick.Moulds will arrive in Houston Monday to meet with Texans officials.He is projected to become the No. 2 receiver and start opposite Andre Johnson.Moulds,a 10 year veteran,was the Texans' main priority this past week.After being outbid by the Tennessee Titans for free-agent receiver David Givens,the Texans turned their focus to Moulds,who had two years left on his contract with the Bills.Because Moulds was set to count about $10.8 million against Buffalo's salary cap next season,the Bills wanted to restructure his contract.When their attempts failed,they granted Moulds,32,permission to seek a trade.

Moulds adviser says deal done with Texans

From www.chron.com Eric Moulds agreed to a contract with Houston today and said the Texans have worked out a trade to acquire him from the Buffalo Bills."Yeah,it's done," said Greg Johnson,Moulds' personal adviser."I'm ecstatic.I'm relieved,happy and thankful that all parties came to an agreement."Moulds,who had the Bills' permission to seek a trade,agreed to a 4 year,$14 million contract that includes a $5 million signing bonus.It's not clear what the Texans traded to Buffalo,but it's believed to be a fourth or fifth round pick in this month's draft.The Texans declined to confirm the deal for the WR.Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said,"There is nothing official to report."Moulds,who passed his physical with the Texans,agreed to a deal in principle with the Texans last weekend but had to wait until Houston and Buffalo completed the trade.Moulds had been in Houston visiting with the team since Monday before traveling to his home in Louisiana late Tuesday."I'm excited about it,I was optimistic through the whole deal,but at the same time,to get closure and get an opportunity to get it done is a big plus." Moulds said.The Texans are coming off an NFL worst 2-14 finish,and the team hasn't had a winning record in its five seasons.Moulds said he met with Texans WR Andre Johnson,and he believes he can both complement and tutor the emerging star.He's also excited about the possibility of Houston bolstering its offense by selecting USC RB and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in this month's draft."I would tell them to get their tickets ready.You are going to see a show," Moulds said,when asked what message he had for Texans fans."It's not going to be the same Texans you've seen before.It's going to be an exciting time."Buffalo's first round pick in the 1996 draft,Moulds was the team's senior player and last current member that competed in a playoff game for the Bills.Buffalo has not made the postseason since 1999 and has only one winning season during that span.Moulds has 675 career catches for 9,096 yards and 48 TDs.Only Andre Reed has more catches (941) and yards (13,095) among Bills receivers.Johnson said Moulds thanked Bills owner Ralph Wilson and said the player will have good memories of his years in Buffalo."It was just a business decision for him and he wanted to move on," Johnson said."He hopes not only Mr. Wilson but everyone in Buffalo respects that."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts