Texas Rangers Declare Bankruptcy. A-Rod Contract the Reason?

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Ten years after signing Alex Rodriguez to a then unheard of $252 million contract, the MLB franchise has filed for bankruptcy.

Now, it's probably not exactly fair to blame the team's financial failings on the current Yankees slugger. Still, USA Today explains that A-Rod is one of the team's largest unsecured creditors. He is currently owed nearly $25 million in compensation, six years after he was traded away.

The Buzz Log - Rangers Declare Bankruptcy - Yahoo! Buzz

actually the article makes the point that it is not fair to blame ARod for this. I know that he is unpopular and it is easy to claim that his lack of popularity is well deserved but we can't balme him for everything.

It seems that the ownership tried to buy a championship on credit. Must have figured that a winning team would mean more revenue. Not that I'm a Yankee lover, but it does show that it takes more than money to win a ring.

It could have been a lot worse by opting out of his contract a couple years ago he relieved the Rangers of their share of his contract. The Yankees became responsible for all of his new contract.

It could have been a lot worse by opting out of his contract a couple years ago he relieved the Rangers of their share of his contract. The Yankees became responsible for all of his new contract.

See this is why televisionarchives hates A-Rod, because he's always...wait, what did you say?

Sandra

actually the article makes the point that it is not fair to blame ARod for this. I know that he is unpopular and it is easy to claim that his lack of popularity is well deserved but we can't balme him for everything.

Again, I'm not blaming A-Rod. I'm blaming the CONTRACT that OWNERSHIP committed to. I don't see how A-Rod, like TV Archives suggests could be responsible. Both parties had to agree to the biding contract. If the Rangers didn't think they could fulfill it, they shouldn't have agreed to it.

What does the Yankees losing or making money have to do with the truth of the statement hte poster made? and that article is from 2006!?
This was before they built the new Stadium. Do you think the Yankees are making a profit now? I bet this won't be the only team that files bankruptcy .

The political jabs.:rolleyes:

The fact the team owner happened to be a politician and what he did while one is not in question here.

The persons management of the Texas Rangers in regards to a thread about the Texas Rangers however is what is being discussed.

I wonder if Mark Cuban became a politician would be have to stop talking about him to?

The fact the team owner happened to be a politician and what he did while one is not in question here.

The persons management of the Texas Rangers in regards to a thread about the Texas Rangers however is what is being discussed.

I wonder if Mark Cuban became a politician would be have to stop talking about him to?

Whatever!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)