Appropriate Tennis Wear?

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
PARIS — Whistles and whispers circulated through the stands at Court Suzanne Lenglen on Sunday, a reaction brought about not by Venus Williams' play at the French Open, but rather by her outfit.

With a lacy black overlay giving it the illusion of being see-through, and bright red trim on the bodice, Williams' corset-like get-up made her look as if she were ready to perform in a 19th century Parisian cancan chorus line.

It seems as if Woman's Tennis players, with the freedom of not having typical standardized, sport uniforms are more and more into risqué fashion on the court. My question is this, at what point is too much?

53914842.jpg

amd_tennis_venus-williams.jpg

thumb160x_venusbottom.jpg

I don't think it was appropriate but who am I to say. I guess the ATP will have to say.

The same shorts would be no big deal on a white girl. These just happened to match her skin tone.

I suppose they should still all wear those short skirts with the white tights that make it look like they're always flashing their panties. :rolleyes:

Much ado about nothing.

Dress codes are in the WTA and ATP guidelines. Tournament officials know MOST of the time what a player is going to wear and is approved or disapproved. Sometimes they will slip by something. Several years ago shirts with no sleeves wear not aloud. Tommy Hass warmed up with a sleeveless and officials heard about it and made him change shirts before starting the match.

white01_lg_01.jpg

This was worn in the 80's in a match against Navratilova. Martina won but was so pissed because all the people were talking about what her opponent was wearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)