Texting

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Curious what you guys use for text messages Do you use your carriers over priced plan or are you using anything that lets you text free using your data plan?

Both.
I would go strictly to iMessage or Gtalk, but not everyone has it on their phones, and I am not adding any other message platforms to get up with everyone. So for others, I am forced to use the carrier text plan.

I am using carrier texting on my Droid and the TextFree app on my iPad. TextFree works great because it allows you to text any phone number for free.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

IMO app on iPad and android. IMO covers most messengers in different platforms. You can add multiple accounts on it.for those who don't use these messenger apps then I use regular texting via the carrier plan

Carrier texting plan and don't plan on moving off of it anytime soon (work pays for texting plan). We currently average about 14,000 text messages a month.

Same here the 10 bucks unlimited is well worth it.

Well I have been using google voice. All text I send are not showing up in my billing so It appears its using my data..Whoever I text can text back so I am considering using that instead. Only thing you cant do with it is send pics but who cares.

VZW and iMessage, but its the same app, and seamless, so basically I just use the Texting app built into the iPhone, and my VZW package is unlimited text and data, so its not a big deal

klang said:
iMessage, wife and I both pay for the $5 200 message plan with AT&T for those not using iOS.

Remember it s only iMessage if you are texting an iOS 5 device. Otherwise it is standard SMS

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

The standard unlimited texting with VZW.

Friend just got an ATT Galaxy S II, and has everyone texting a different number as he doesn't have a texting plan.

Have had a couple of good experiences with GroupMe that has me considering getting all of my friends and wife on that, would eliminate 99% of my texts. Works over both SMS and via an app, installing the app just gives you a UI and control over whether or not you use the App or SMS yourself.

Carrier (Sprint) Unlimited SMS/Google Voice integrated.

I use a lot of SMS to wake up Lotus Notes Traveler on my Android.

i use both text free and sms carrier texting. i hate have long full convo's on text. This girl i have been seeing only texts. she does not answer a phone call but will reply to my missed call with a text msg- i think is quite silly. why do people even have voice minutes? most ppl will not answer their phones anymore. Just buy a data plan on a small tablet and be done with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)