Thank You Dish & (Charlie)

paulzzz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2006
Maryland
In all fairness and so many of you have been beating up Dish and Charlie for the last couple of weeks that I feel I need to weigh in with a quick blurb. Dish has finally delivered on the HD most of you have been waiting for, USA, SCI-FI, and CNN. I have had Dish for probably the last 8 years and they have given me the best hardware and programming available.
I live just outside Washington D.C. (kinda of a major city) and migrated from Comcast to Dish in 2000. Comcast's customer service was so poor and their delivery service unavailable for days. Dish as always delivered. Better service and better programming with better prices.

This in the internet.

Please place your statement in the form of a cynical complaint.

Thank you. Sorry but this is a IETF compliance regulation.

Charlie and Dish ought to be thanking us for sticking around long enough.
mf_emoticon_psychoticbacca.gif

Go kiss and make up with the Fox folks, add Speed HD (and FX for the other folks), and then I'll thank you too, Charlie!

LOL, couldnt resist.

I switched to the HD only plan today, adding CNN was the one channel I watch in SD, that and the golf channel I had in Ala Carte. I also added the Music CD channels Ala Carte (not sirius).
So now I get all the HD channels for less than I was paying.

I've been very satisfied with Dish since 2002.

Is it me or is Dish backwards. When they said the 3 new markets were available for local HD....they weren't available yet.

But they turned on CNN, USA & SciFi without any statement. Just turned them on. . Now you would think they would announce they are going to add the channels first.....Weird to me...

but thanks Dish for my channels. . . everytihng is almost right in the world(ie......locals in HD, and Speed)

Dish doesnt really get that affected by the people who cancelled over HD channels.. oooh ooh go cry me a river :/

You people are forgetting the other markets, latino and standard tv markets..

Not everyone has an hdtv you know.. specially the latino audiance since there are no spanish HD channels..

Dish will survive even if we cancel or not.. so its up to us to decide if we want it or not. I dont have hd. I am happy with my dish latino max package. Im not getting any hd tvs anytime soon.

In all fairness and so many of you have been beating up Dish and Charlie for the last couple of weeks that I feel I need to weigh in with a quick blurb. Dish has finally delivered on the HD most of you have been waiting for, USA, SCI-FI, and CNN. I have had Dish for probably the last 8 years and they have given me the best hardware and programming available.
I live just outside Washington D.C. (kinda of a major city) and migrated from Comcast to Dish in 2000. Comcast's customer service was so poor and their delivery service unavailable for days. Dish as always delivered. Better service and better programming with better prices.

Last couple of weeks? How about the last few years! Charlie has always had some dispute with someone that prevents Dish from getting new programming in a timely fashion. Remember the Versus fiasco (previously Outdoor Life or something similar)? We didn't get this channel (NHL hockey) for several months while Dish and Versus both aired their dirty laundry in newspaper ads. There have been others...

Not Charlie's fault? Funny thing is nobody else but Dish gets into these disputes with the programming vendors...

For what it's worth... these "national" HD channels aren't REALLY "national" HD channels. To be "national", they have to be available to the whole nation. They are "Lower 48" channels. Unless Charlie & Co. want to come to Alaska and install a 12 foot dish and point it at 129W for me, I'll continue to only get the 8 national channels.

For what it's worth... these "national" HD channels aren't REALLY "national" HD channels. To be "national", they have to be available to the whole nation. They are "Lower 48" channels. Unless Charlie & Co. want to come to Alaska and install a 12 foot dish and point it at 129W for me, I'll continue to only get the 8 national channels.

I don't think even a 12 foot dish will get 129 in Alaska. Hopefully they have plans to replace it with a sat that will reach up here.

If you get the Alaska HD package you must have a dish pointed at 110 and SCIFI HD and USA HD are on 110. The problem is Dish won't activate them for Alaska yet. I called 3 times and got the same response each time. They are not part of the Alaska package and we can't subscribe to the Essentials package.

I have a 6 foot dish and get a signal strength of 35. I talked to Satellite Alaska in Anchorage and they have a 4 foot dish getting a signal strength of 18. They are also able to view the channels since they have a showroom box.

I've called Dish and will continue to call and email them until one of us tires of the other. There is no reason they can't activate these for Alaska.

Is it me or is Dish backwards. When they said the 3 new markets were available for local HD....they weren't available yet.

But they turned on CNN, USA & SciFi without any statement. Just turned them on. . Now you would think they would announce they are going to add the channels first.....Weird to me...

but thanks Dish for my channels. . . everytihng is almost right in the world(ie......locals in HD, and Speed)

I totally agree with this - why would Dish's marketing team not let all there users know that any new channels were now available to view? Even an email message would work - even attached to thier notice that my bill was now available to look at.

Overall, I am a happy dish customer and have been for close to 10 years now and I do really appreciate having the new channels in HD. But not letting us know of the added features is hard to understand - seems like a good chance for them to tell us how they have improved thier service has been overlooked!

I don't think even a 12 foot dish will get 129 in Alaska. Hopefully they have plans to replace it with a sat that will reach up here.

If you get the Alaska HD package you must have a dish pointed at 110 and SCIFI HD and USA HD are on 110. The problem is Dish won't activate them for Alaska yet. I called 3 times and got the same response each time. They are not part of the Alaska package and we can't subscribe to the Essentials package.

I have a 6 foot dish and get a signal strength of 35. I talked to Satellite Alaska in Anchorage and they have a 4 foot dish getting a signal strength of 18. They are also able to view the channels since they have a showroom box.

I've called Dish and will continue to call and email them until one of us tires of the other. There is no reason they can't activate these for Alaska.

I also called about having them turned on since they show in red in the program guide and says they are a subscription channel and call dish to subscribe. Same answer as you. Isn't it strange that every other dish subscriber except for AK and probably HI can get them at no increase in price and even if we are willing to subscribe to a higher price package to get them we can't! They shouldn't have even put them in our guides if we weren't allowed to receive them. Keep sending those e-mails and I will too. Maybe someone will wake up and see the irony of this situation.

I also called about having them turned on since they show in red in the program guide and says they are a subscription channel and call dish to subscribe. Same answer as you. Isn't it strange that every other dish subscriber except for AK and probably HI can get them at no increase in price and even if we are willing to subscribe to a higher price package to get them we can't! They shouldn't have even put them in our guides if we weren't allowed to receive them. Keep sending those e-mails and I will too. Maybe someone will wake up and see the irony of this situation.

I responded to your post in another thread before I saw this one. Was wondering what your signal strength is on transponder 17 and the size of your dish pointed at 110?

I'll definitely be bugging Dish until they light these up for us. I've also been talking to someone at Satellite Alaska in Anchorage and he will talking to his contacts at Dish. Maybe Scott can check with hs contacts at Dish and get this resolved.

Lets hope.

I responded to your post in another thread before I saw this one. Was wondering what your signal strength is on transponder 17 and the size of your dish pointed at 110?

I'll definitely be bugging Dish until they light these up for us. I've also been talking to someone at Satellite Alaska in Anchorage and he will talking to his contacts at Dish. Maybe Scott can check with hs contacts at Dish and get this resolved.

Lets hope.

I have a signal strength of 25 on tp17. I have a 6' dish aimed at 110.

I sent the following message to Dish.

"Congratulations on bringing Sci-FI and USA in HD to Dish Network. I do have one complaint though. On my program guide I get the message that these are subscription channels and call Dish to Subscribe. When I do that I am told that they are not in the Alaska HD package and I cannot subscribe to them. When I try to change my package and pay MORE, I am still told that they cannot authorize them for Alaska. It seems rather ironic that every other Dish network subscriber that has HD can receive these channels, even at no extra cost, and yet I cannot even when I'm willing to pay more for them.

I don't know if this decision was thought out totally and logically as to the results. I would very much like to here from you on this subject and perhaps when it is reconsidered you can have these channels authorized for Alaska. ( I understand Hawaii is also included in this policy).

Thank you for you consideration of this manner."

Lets hope we can get someone's attention.

I have a signal strength of 25 on tp17. I have a 6' dish aimed at 110.

I sent the following message to Dish.

"Congratulations on bringing Sci-FI and USA in HD to Dish Network. I do have one complaint though. On my program guide I get the message that these are subscription channels and call Dish to Subscribe. When I do that I am told that they are not in the Alaska HD package and I cannot subscribe to them. When I try to change my package and pay MORE, I am still told that they cannot authorize them for Alaska. It seems rather ironic that every other Dish network subscriber that has HD can receive these channels, even at no extra cost, and yet I cannot even when I'm willing to pay more for them.

I don't know if this decision was thought out totally and logically as to the results. I would very much like to here from you on this subject and perhaps when it is reconsidered you can have these channels authorized for Alaska. ( I understand Hawaii is also included in this policy).

Thank you for you consideration of this manner."

Lets hope we can get someone's attention.

25 should be plenty. I'll keep checking with my local Dish reseller, emailing and calling.

I'm surprised they didn't use 148 for the Alaska HD package. Would have been a lot easier for the dealers to install a 2 foot dish versus the 6 footers we both have. Although I had my 6 footer installed originally for the sports channels.

Charlie and Dish ought to be thanking us for sticking around long enough.
mf_emoticon_psychoticbacca.gif

+1

I had already called D* once to solve some questions I had and was almost ready to make the jump. I'm not going to thank E* for taking their sweet time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)