Thank you Dish!

I don't know how you guys like a company still charges monthy for the receiver that you paid in FULL. (dvr etc). Or a company that wants to to prove that you paid for your receiver in full to cancel 400 usd something bill + interest.

I don't thank to Walmart, or sony for my HD TV. They got paid for their business. Why should I to Dish Network?

Thomson also need to work better for heat transfer or change their standard .. Their receivers are beyond bedroom noise levels.

I don't know how you guys like a company still charges monthy for the receiver that you paid in FULL. (dvr etc). Or a company that wants to to prove that you paid for your receiver in full to cancel 400 usd something bill + interest.

I don't thank to Walmart, or sony for my HD TV. They got paid for their business. Why should I to Dish Network?

Thomson also need to work better for heat transfer or change their standard .. Their receivers are beyond bedroom noise levels.

All I can tell you is I have bought a Dish Network receiver (VIP622) from EBay(always check receiver ID number and card number with Dish Network before purchase) and there was no commitment.I have also leased receivers from Dish Network(625/VIP722k/w MT2) both were free lease upgrade with a 24 month commitment(only 1 receiver upgrade per 12 months).:)

Thanks Dish for raising my bill $30 a month and giving me less channels than I had before. What a great deal by taking away my absoluteHD! So long and hello Direct.

Anybody here who had Absolute who converted to Top 200 get Starz or 6 PPV coupon?

thanks

went on chat and tried to change a free year of encore (which i dropped in nov because i didn,t watch it at all) for a free year of starz (they gave me three free months when i cancelled encore) and was told there was no way they could do that. so now i have something i didn,t want in the first place. big deal. congrats to those of you who actually got something worth watching.

well now its all gone.

That is nice, but what happens after the year? Do we need to affirmatively cancel the package in order to avoid being billed?

I'm not trying to be a pain, I do appreciate the gesture, I just don't want to have to jump through hoops to avoid eventually being charged.

But if you went to Walmart to buy that HDTV and after you had already paid for it and was walking out the door someone from the store came up to you and gave you a free BluRay player that you didn't expect, you might want to say thanks. Ar least I would.

I switched from America's Top 250 to America's Everything Pack - to get Starz believe it or not - just a few weeks before this was announced. I'm not complaining but my timing really sux. It will be interesting to see what they offer me.

What bothers me is that I did call before and talk to Dish before the 1st and made arrangements for converting my absolutehd. I even wanted it converted before the deadline and was told that I had to wait until the feb. 1 before it took effect. When it did go into effect I did not get the Starz free like many others did. Not only did my service double by 30 dollars, I didn't get starz either. I have a been a customer for a long time and I am not happy, but the rep didn't seem to care. Gave me cinemax free for a month. What a joke!

Send a PM to one of the Dish representatives on here and I bet they can take care of you.

That is nice, but what happens after the year? Do we need to affirmatively cancel the package in order to avoid being billed?
Just to let everyone know, the 30th Anniversay gifts will automatically remove from your accounts after the 1 year. Where possible, Dish Network will send out e-mails to confirm the removal of the programming. If you want to continue receiving these channels, you will need to sign up for them again. Glad so many of you are truly enjoying these offers!

what about those with the everything package? I don't want free PPV coupons. I have all the movie channels,why would I want to watch a movie that will be on HBO or one of the other movie channels in a few months. There really is no hurry to watch most movies ( all flash no substance ). I want the cost of Starz deducted for a year. why reward NEW customers and give long time customers a few free ppv's..not really equal rewards.

Am I the only one who sees this for what it is?: Morsels to keep people locked in and "happy"? The bottom line is to keep you, even if you've been screwed with absolute or if you're unhappy. The "at least I get something out of it" mentality is common in marketing psychology, much like store coupons to make you walk in the door.

3 months of free hbo?. Big deal, Everyone gets that as a new subscriber, wherever you go. The same goes for 1 year promo pricing. Ppv coupons, starz (isn't it free for most for 1 year anyway?), free channels to preview (even cable does that), $10 credit, cinemax, encore, free for 1 month. No increase for two years when it's front-end loaded.

What about month 2? Month 4?, Month 7? and Month 13? when the honeymoon is over and all the "goodies" are gone? or hopefully (for them) you forget to drop hbo, cinemax, and the rest and keep paying?

"I'll call next month to cancel", sure.

This applies to any provider.

whoa, sour grapes, much? heh j/k. Dish has taken care of me and I've been happy with the cost vs entertainment value I've gotten from them.

Switched over to 'em when the other company wouldn't send me a specfic dvr for my projector. Needed the dvi/hdmi input, and at the time they couldn't specify which one I'd get. Had been with 'em for over 7 yrs. Mentioned that if I was sent the one that wasn't compatiable, I'd be refusing it and leaving them.

That was over 6 yrs ago and I've had a great experience since. Every concern or gripe I've ever had has been taken care of. TY DISH!

what about those with the everything package? I don't want free PPV coupons. I have all the movie channels,why would I want to watch a movie that will be on HBO or one of the other movie channels in a few months. There really is no hurry to watch most movies ( all flash no substance ). I want the cost of Starz deducted for a year. why reward NEW customers and give long time customers a few free ppv's..not really equal rewards.

Exactly.. I called customer service and was told since i already had encore, starz, and hd platinum.. We were to receive 6 PPV coupons worth about $36 while ppl who did not subscribe to these get them free now?! I have no idea why we were not aloud to chose our anniversary gift. I don't even watch PPV, I'd rather rent the blu ray. Also, Im in no hurry to watch new movies. Why can't we get starz or hd platinum deducted? I guess the ppl who pay the most are only worth 6 PPV coupons to dish. Who came up with this idea? Well at least we got something :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)