Thank you Dish!

Hey folks, I want to clarify that the offers are not of the call-to-cancel variety. They are very much free offers and should automatically "fall off" at the end. We really do appreciate your continued patronage. These offers are basically party gifts for the 30 years we have been around. They are not "lock you in" or "hope you miss the deadline" things, which I too would be upset about. Thanks again guys for the support not only on the forum, but also as DISH Network subscribers.

Dish policy on freebies often winds up treating similar customers very differently. This offends our sense of fairness, even when the dollar value is not that great. Good example: I payed attention here and when Dish combined HD with Platinum, I got both for $10. Then when HD Free for Life came into existence, I got HD Free and my $10 was applied to Platinum. Just this week I got Platinum free for a year. My neighbor down the street is still paying $10 for HD and $10 for Platinum. He probably got 6 PPV coupons which he might not even know about if he doesn't log in on his account.

Last edited:
What were the requirements for these offers?

I "only" got the FX email. So I thought I missed out on the STARZ deal.

I then logged into my online account and noticed in my offers section I had STARZ for a year.

Very grateful nonetheless.

I have not had a chance to look yet (at work) ... is the FX channel HD?

Yup! I just was able to confirm that too. FX is in HD ... sweet. Also saw all the STARZ channels lit up. All those STARZ channels looked pretty sweet right next to my Cinemax channels (for a penny - that I was supposed to lose a year ago - heres to hoping I don't lose these guys). I'll take free! Thanks DISH!

Hey folks, I want to clarify that the offers are not of the call-to-cancel variety. They are very much free offers and should automatically "fall off" at the end. We really do appreciate your continued patronage. These offers are basically party gifts for the 30 years we have been around. They are not "lock you in" or "hope you miss the deadline" things, which I too would be upset about. Thanks again guys for the support not only on the forum, but also as DISH Network subscribers.

Dish just gave me Starz for 6 months. No threat of leaving. I called in about my bill. They thanked me for being a long time
customer. Also to celebrate their 30 year anniversary they gave me a gift!

I already have the top tier package.

Thanks Dish network! Its really nice to feel appreciated.

I have aep...hd plat...sports pack...pretty much most the channels

Asked about gift and was told it would be 6ppv coupons...after expressing my displeasure (in a very nice calm manner) was able to get hd free for a year and save a little bit of money...thanks dish

TonyT@DISH Network said:

Good to know. Thanks for clarifying this.

While I wasn't too thrilled with $5 added to my bill it doesn't sting as much with the Hd Platinum for 12 months.Now if I could get some ppv coupons..

But still

Thanks DishNetwork!
How exactly did you get the free "Dish Platinum" for a year, (no longer "HD Platinum"). I see I get the Starz for a year, but would much rather have the Platinum instead.

I'll ditto that........I'm already paying for Starz.......what up..?

If you already pay for Starz, then your suppose to get another promotion. I believe it's Encore, is the next offer. If you have encore, then you get the PPV Credits. If there is a error or glitch, then PM one the Dish Guys, like TonyG with your account number & he'll help you.

I also want to thank Dish, for doing this. It's nice when us customers feel appreciated

Last edited:
I noticed that on 2/1 I was awarded all the starz channels and one encore channel, encore east, the rest of the encores remained green in guide and were not authorized, I have been checking to see if there was anything actually worth watching on any of these channels every day and noticed in the last day since I checked that they also must have now authorized the rest of the encores, except WAM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts