Thanks Directv for Softpad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
As someone who has used this as a CE tester, its a great feature.

It wont get much publicity in the new national release, but ever since Ive had it I dont have any recordings end too early (unless caused by sports). Good job.

I think it's a great feature, still didn't salvage SNL when the local news cut into it 4 times (2 tickers that messed up audio, 1 break (broadcasting over the program), 1 preemption (pausing SNL for the press conference)) when that Puffingburger kid was found... but I hope to enjoy it under other circumstances (I'm looking at you, networks with wonky anti-dvr start/stop times).

Yeah, ive had to set my hr20 to record an hours worth of news every Sun night because the Unit keeps running over.

Yeah, ive had to set my hr20 to record an hours worth of news every Sun night because the Unit keeps running over.
Unfortunately, I was behind on The Unit, and didn't catch this until the 3rd week of the season. I have now padded 1 hour. I missed the end of episode 1, but was able to watch the end of ep. 2 online.

Why not set it to record 1, 2, 5, or 15 minutes longer instead of an hour, you can set that up in each recording seperately, look under the Stop button, in Record Series.

Curious Elwaylite,
You mentioned the Unit running over, have you noticed if the program is actually scheduled to run over ?
I have seen shows that would go from like 9:00 to 10:01 before.

Jimbo

Its because of football and its been varying anywhere from 5 minutes to 50 minutes (last week). The whole hour is more reliable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)