Status
Please reply by conversation.

aarontx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Dallas, TX
Hey all,

Last couple weeks been having a couple problems with my HR20-700. Been working fine for over a year now, but two weeks ago had problem with a couple different recording at different times on different days and different channels.

They would pop up with a grey screen and ask if I wanted to keep or delete after hitting the play button. Like there was nothing saved. Also noticed that on signal strength meters that Tuner 1 was getting 0 on all satellites, while tuner 2 was getting 95+. The reciever was tuning all channels fine and never got any errors and still changes channels with no signal errors.

So I reboot the box and tuner 1 is reporting 95+ signals on satellites, but the recordings are gone. I call DTV and ask them if my box is failing or what it could be. Box was working fine now. The person on the phone was extremely unhelpful and after over an hour I had to tell them I would just call back at a later time.

Fast forward to today, I check the signal strength screen and tuner 1 was reporting 0 again. I did not have any DVR events last night so not sure if it would have effected it. I did a complete reset from the menu which wiped all the settings and then I swapped the two inputs on the back of my reciever. I will try to monitor next time and see if it happens on tuner 2 now.

Anyone else have this problem before? Do they still send out HR20's? Anyone konw how much will DTV charge to swap the boxes out if anything at all?

Thanks!

-Aaron

I have had a similar problem before and it ended up being the LNB assembly (multiswitch) on the dish. If you have an open port on your multiswitch try swapping the affected cable. If the dish is in a position that you can't reach, try moving a single tuner box (if you have one) onto the cable in question and see how it works.

Here is an update on my issue:

I had my tuner 1 goto all 0's again, and missed some recording tonight. This was after I switched the tuner 1 coax and bbc to tuner 2 alittle while ago.

I tried switching them again after, and still get all 0's only on tuner 1. So I am almost sure that it is the tuner 1 that is going out.

I had to go back and forth for almost an hour with the guy that the receiver was bad and that it was not a software or cabling issue. He finally agreed to send out a new receiver. Charging me $21 for the shipping, what a deal :rolleyes:

Then talked for 30 minutes trying to make sure that he sends out an hr20, or if not that he sends a off air tuner with a hr21 or hr22.

He kept telling me that the "system" could not tell him which receiver it would send out, and that it "should" be the same receiver. Told me only way was to call after receiving the new box if it isn't a hr-20, and order and off air tuner. I was very upset that I had already paid over $200 for the ability to lease the damn thing a year ago, and now when thier box fails they will not guarantee to send out a receiver that is not stripped of certain features that I need.

Well hope all goes well and the new box does not give me any more problems, will try to keep this updated in case anyone else has same issues as me.

-Aaron

Well get this - my first HR20 started having problems of 0 readings on tuner 2 on some of the x-ponders on the 101 bird a couple months ago. Of course I swaped cables & it stayed the same. Since I got so much stuff on the hard drive, I really wasn't wanting to exchange it just yet.
Well now since we got that update last night, it is no longer doing this & appears to be working properly - go figure!

quick update, they shipped me out a hr21 today. got it hooked up and called them. Told them I needed the tuner also so they ordered it, and said after little bit of talking that they would give me a credit for the difference, since I paid the lease fee for the features when I signed up for the other receiver.

Hope this fixes the problem, thanks for the input.

-Aaron

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts