Thanks / Dislikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked your post, but, as you say, Thanks and Dislikes seem to been pushed to the curb.....

Well,I dislike not having thanks and dislike buttons!:p

Trying to remember the one or two posts that got enough dislikes to be hidden.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I would be happy to see the dislikes go away, I made a point of never using it.

If stats were ever kept, I wonder which user got the most dislikes and which ones gave the most.

Cheers, K

Yeah and I think that was the only one.

A dislike button can be a two edged sword, thus why most places including FB don't have one. Maybe that is why Scott disabled it.

Like,thanks,or dislike are just faster,or in most cases,lazier ways to acknowledge a post without typing a reply.

Like,thanks,or dislike are just faster,or in most cases,lazier ways to acknowledge a post without typing a reply.

Cuts down on spam/flaming. Instead of "I agree!" just like it. Instead of "thanks" just thank. Instead of "**** you you ****ing ***hole" just dislike :p .

Cuts down on spam/flaming. Instead of "I agree!" just like it. Instead of "thanks" just thank. Instead of "**** you you ****ing ***hole" just dislike :p .

See I just confirmed your post.:D

I said from the beginning that that "Thanks" option was redundant (and confusing). The stats, before they were pulled, confirmed that as well...

The "Dislike" option was probably used more often vindictively too. I'm betting many users gave the same people dislikes a lot.

I certainly don't think it was abused from what I saw. I think, from time to time, it may have calmed down a "high horse" or two. Wish it would stay.

I certainly don't think it was abused from what I saw. I think, from time to time, it may have calmed down a "high horse" or two. Wish it would stay.

Agreed.There were 2,maybe 3 instances where it was definitely abused.Other than that,seemed to be working pretty well.

I was going to say, but did not, it helped us to "self-govern", which is a good thing...and it worked most of the time...except for blugras.

I only got a couple of dislikes from a guy I disliked because of his use of graphic language describing homosexual acts. I think he had two posts I disliked, and he disliked two of my entirely innocuous posts. But I wanted to dislike many posts, not because of the messenger, but because of the message. Since "dislike" is ambiguous and apparently causes hard feelings, I never did that.

So... What's the official word Scott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)