Thanks to all, but I am done with VOOM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

delgadil

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Hello all,

Just wanted to say to all for your feedback and to the moderators for maintaining this excellent site, but...

I've decided that I am done with VOOM, at least for now. Had it uninstalled and taken away for a full refund (I was a "Charter Member" who paid the full $800 for the system in Dec 2003). It just didn't meet my expectations. The programming is far too boring and repetitive and the novelty of HDTV has worn off. My wife and I found that we watched VOOM maybe an hour or two per week; the programming just isn't interesting enough to justify the system.

For me the final straw was that the VOOM CSRs have been telling me all along that NFL games would be broadcast in HD via VOOM, and I recently confirmed that this simply isn't true. I feel that VOOM was being deceptive here.

VOOM has great PQ but IMO it ain't ready for prime-time. I'll check back in a while and see how it matures.

Thanks again to all,
Kevin

delgadil said:
For me the final straw was that the VOOM CSRs have been telling me all along that NFL games would be broadcast in HD via VOOM, and I recently confirmed that this simply isn't true. I feel that VOOM was being deceptive here.
Kevin

Which games? Who "confirmed" that NFL games will not be avaliable via Voom?

CBS will offer 1-2 games per week in HDTV. Fox also plans to offer at least 1-2 games per week in HDTV. ESPN-HD, expected on Voom soon, offers Sunday Night Football in HDTV. ABC offers its Monday Night Football n HDTV. Thats 4-6 NFL games every week in HDTV, that you'd get on your Voom receiver, assuming you get reception on CBS, ABC, and FOX.

Voom did recently drop the NFL channel, but that channel was only going to offer a "game of the week" rebroadcast in HD. The NFL channel may be added back to Voom this fall.

That said, if football is your thing, it sounds like Sunday Ticket on DirecTV may be a better choice for you at around $225 for the season. Of course, DirecTV can't give you the NFL playoffs and Superbowl in HDTV -- for those, you'll need off-air reception of CBS and FOX.

I was told today that NFL Game of the Week in HD is off until August, when they have programming start up for the pre-season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)