Thanksgiving Contest - Free Glorystar DSR100c System - Enter to Win! Ends 12.1.2008

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
Thanks and Giving.......
Win a Complete Glorystar Satellite System

Win the new GEOSATpro DSR100c standard Glorystar system before it is available to any customer!

What is Glorystar? Click here to find out more
http://www.glorystar.satelliteguys.us/

The DSR100c Glorystar system features automatic OTA firmware and channel updating via satellite. The receiver can also set for manual updating and scan in any unencrypted Free to Air channels. The unit has been developed with the satellite hobbyist in mind. Frequent factory firmware upgrades are available via satellite download and will be archived in a firmware library.

USALS and DiSEqC 1.2 motor control protocols, DiSEqC 1.0, 22KHz and DN SW-xx series switching are fully implemented.

NTSC modulator (ch 3/4), composite, Y/C, component video outputs along with RCA unbalanced L/R and Optical AC-3 pass through.

Multi-CAS allows authorized subscription viewing for several providers including CCN. Cardless BISS-1 and BISS-E decryption types are also supported for private network events.

Glorystar EPG (Electronic Program Guide) compatible. This feature is tested and awaiting implementation. Launch will occur with additional channel program data feeds provided by key broadcast partners.

Click to view more DSR100c description and specifications

SatGuysSpecial.jpg

What is included in the system? (click on the links for more information)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanksgiving......
During these tough economic times we can get lost in the spiral negative news and personal losses. Sometimes is just hard to take a deep breath without hurting for others or ourselves.....

Please take a moment to remember a special time of thanks and giving!

To Enter: Describe your favorite memory of an event celebrating either the official Thanksgiving holiday or another event that brought your family together in thanks and giving.

Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at SatelliteAV, LLC & Glorystar Christian Satellite Service!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small print: Glorystar systems are shipped via FedEx. If the winner does not respond to our SatelliteGuys PM notification within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and the unit will be offered to another contestant by random drawing.

This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member in the Continental US, Canada and Mexico, who is in good standing with the exception of Satellite AV staff and members of their families. A random drawing of one winner will be made by a member of our staff on Tuesday 12/2/2008.

Good Luck!

My favorite Thanksgiving memory is from 2 years ago and maybe a little sad. My father passed away the week before and all the family traveled to Florida for the funeral. The one thing my dad loved was his float boat on the lake. So myself, my sister, my step-mom and 3 step brothers all went out on the boat in tribute to my dad and went around the the lake at sunset and toasted my dad who was taken way too early. When we got back to the house all the relatives where there and I cooked up a big BBQ for everyone and let my step mom relax and not worry about serving everyone.

My favorite memory was when I was homeless and in bad shape and had nothing not even my faith in god. And a nice pastor was kind enough to take me in and let spend thanksgiving with them. This family helped me get my life together when I was about to just forget about life and die. I'm thankful for this family will never forget the kindness and love they showed me.

bland story

To Enter: Describe your favorite memory of an event celebrating either the official Thanksgiving holiday or another event that brought your family together in thanks and giving.
When I was a boy, one place we lived was Florida. My Dad worked at Cape Canaveral.
We often took a 30 mile drive to visit my Mom's sister and her family.
We generally had holiday feasts with them, and Thanksgiving was one of the best.
I got to play with cousins and see a favorite uncle.
That was many decades ago, and it still seems like yesterday! - :up

Yea, there were Xmases in Tennessee with snow, but plain old sandy Florida was pretty good for a little kid. ;)

i'm thinking back about 20 years when i was still in the navy and stationed in glenview, ill. local families were opening their doors for recruits from great lakes who were completing basic training. i was to spend turkey day interviewing a couple of recruits. what impressed me so much was that a family would open their doors to strangers and share their thanksgiving feast. but the couple also let the recruits use their phone to make a free call to their families to wish them a happy thanksgiving. i thought that experience exemplified the true meaning of thanksgiving and i have never forgotten.

plus, the guy had worked on phil donohue's talk show and had an emmy in his china cabinet. way cool!!

The Thanksgiving season, as well as the whole Christmas holiday season is just a very special time for me. During this time I believe that overall people are a little nicer, they try a little harder, give a little more, and are a little more understanding. I don't have a favorite Thanksgiving because I love them all. I will say that if I win this system it is going to be given to a little lady that is a member of our church, and because of declining health she doesn't get to attent but just a few services a year.

Best Thanksgiving

I look forward to every Thanksgiving.
I am blessed by being a descendant of a long line of believers. So every Thanksgiving we have always shared with someone, either at our home or we take food to as many as we can.
The best Thanksgiving I can remember is when I was about 12 years old . This one was held at my grandfathers house in White Sulfur Springs, West Va.
As the food was being prepared all the cousins, or such, were busy playing in the snow. We were also sticking fire crackers in the door key holes, just so we could be chased by our elders. Boy some of them could really run fast! It was nothing like getting your face washed in the snow, if you were caught.
As a kid the part that wasn't so much fun was waiting on the other 75 guest to eat. In those days kids ate last. we always tried to hide a cake or pie to tide us over.
Most of those days are gone now along with all my parents and grand parents. However, as my generation and family is "now", I carry on and keep those memories dear to heart.
My God bless and keep everyone during this holiday season.

hmmm.... one Thanksgiving that sticks out in memory. Everyone gathered at my grandparents house. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, extending all the way into the first removed stuff I've never quite understood. We had a tradition of saying grace before meals like most families. but this time someone decided to mix it up a little and went around the table with everybody having to add something. I would have been probably around 8 and my sister then around 12. When it got to her, the family was done, her's was the last and she wanted to kind of close the prayer but could not think of anything. so she blurted out "may we all live to be one hundred and ten!"
Sadly my sister didn't make that, she died of an aneurysm last year at 44. But I always think of her at thanksgiving and just before we eat, say "may we all live to be one hundred and ten!"

I look forward to every Thanksgiving.
We rotate, one year with my parents and the next with the Wifes.
I love it as the whole family gets together and the food is so good.
We always have an adult table and a little kids table.
I remember growing up when I was so proud to get moved up to the adult table.

This will be our families first Thanksgiving with out our Grandmother, the only grandparent I ever knew. It won't be a favorite memory, but will be remembered, and "thanks" will be given.

Well here goes! Hang on tight because this is a long one. :)

In 1980 while I was Pastor of a small Church in South St. Louis, the Church decided to have a Thanksgiving Supper on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving for members and their families. We were trying to decide how to get so much food prepared for about 100 people.

As the moderator of the meeting, I said that if someone would buy the turkeys, I would cook them along with home-made dressing, home-made noodles and giblet gravy enough for 100 people. One of the older ladies popped up and said that she didn't think I knew how to cook that much food. :)

I repeated the offer, and the same lady agreed to buy two of the biggest turkeys she could find.

I went to the day old bread store and bought I don't know how many loaves of bread, and several pounds of butter and all the makings for what I agreed to prepare.

We had two ovens at the house we lived in then, and I started cooking about 5:00 AM on Wednesday morning. I used every pot and pan we owned and made such a mess in the kitchen that my wife has never forgotten it, but I got it all done and delivered to the Church by 7:00 PM.

The old lady said it was the best turkey she had ever tasted. :cool:

It was quite a blessing to me because most of the members of that Church were on welfare or fixed incomes and it was quite a treat for me to watch them eat that delicious meal that was really a feast by the time everyone brought a side dish to go with the main course.

That was over 25 years ago, and is still the best Thanksgiving I have ever experienced!!!

My favorite Thanksgiving Day football game:
Nov. 27, 1980 - Chicago Bears 23, Detroit Lions 17 (OT): Chicago kick returner Dave Williams returned the overtime kickoff for a touchdown, completing a Bears comeback from a 17-3 deficit. Williams’ return is one of only two overtime kickoff returns for touchdowns in history.

Why, my favorite Thanksgiving is always the one coming up. Having dinner with friends and their families as my wife and I have no reletives close by.

Also I will give thanks if I win this system !!!!

The thanksgiving that sticks out to me is when I was about 12 . We went to our grandparents house . The men eat first , one of my uncles sat there and eat all the time the men was there. The children ate second, he was still there eating,the women ate last, he was still eating,the women finely chase him away,he said that he had not had his dessert yet.

It's weird the things that bring people together. My moment was 3 1/2 years ago.

30 days before my 17 year old son's high school graduation, he was involved in a head-on collision. He was driving to work, when a 19 year old coming in the opposite direction ran off of the road, over corrected, and hit my son. Bam! All of a sudden, the really important things in life come into focus real quick.

After an hour, his rescuers extricate him from his mangled car and fly him 100 miles away to Carolinas Medical in Charlotte. His injuries include: both thigh bones snapped, lower right leg broken, right foot pulverized, cracked ribs, fractures in the lower spine and neck, and bruised lungs. My wife and I went into emotional meltdown. I think I must have cried for the whole two weeks that my son spent in an induced coma. I certainly could not go to work.

The amazing thing is, in all of our anguish, God was extending his mercy to my family. We had prayers from all across the country going up to heaven. My next door neighbor organized a fund raiser for us. We had money coming to us from every direction, it seemed. At least I didn't have the added burden of finances to worry about. I contacted the high school, and they looked at his grades and decided that they could waive his last month of school and still graduate.

When my son awoke after the first two weeks, he told me that if possible, he'd like to graduate with his class. Well, our prayer focus changed a little, and we included this request to the Lord. After 28 days in the hospital, they released him. 2 days later, my boy graduated with his class. There was not a dry eye in the arena. :) He is now a junior at UNCA.

I will always remember this precious time in our lives with much THANKSGIVING. This tradegy brought my family, our extended family, our community, school, and our church together in love and unity. My gratitude to God can not be measured.
graduationNEWSPAPER3.jpg

In the 60's I was working at Cape Canaveral and had a retired Presbyterian missionary aunt who had just moved into Olds Hall in Daytona. We decided to drive up and spend the day with her rather than doing our normal at home holiday meal. She was delighted and we walked to a nearby cafeteria that offered a special Thanksgiving meal. We toured Olds Hall which was on old hotel that had been renovated into apartments for retired missionaries. I learned through memorabilia and pictures on the walls that the Olds sisters were daughters of Ransom E. Olds of Oldsmobile and REO truck fame and had created the retirement center as a philanthropic gesture. Ransom had raced on the beach at Daytona Beach in his younger days. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Well I have to say. I don't having anything close

Thanksgiving wasn't really a big thing. As time went on. It was just more a holiday. Christmas is my prefered time of year. Especially when I was young and going to school. Seemed perfect to me. Presents, and no school. I'm sure my son now 5 will enjoy that when he gets older. Honestly though. Some of your guys stories are just wonderful. But the holidays is about the family.

Later,

Josh

My favorite thanksgiving memory was when I was around 15 and I decided to make dessert for the family feast. I went digging trough my mothers cookbooks and found recipes for apple and pumpkin pie. I got all the stuff I needed and without any help from anyone I made 2 apple pies and 2 pumpkin pie from scratch using fresh apples and a pumpkin. I even made the dough from scratch and had enough left over for 1 more pie crust so I improvised and made a lemon merange pie from a can of lemon pie filling with homemade merange. This took me all morning and a few hours after noon to get them done and they were the only pies I have ever made in life. They did turn out very good but IMO there was to much work involed to try it again.

This Thanksgiving will be one of the best, because of what we did for a friend in 2000. I knew only that we had to go visit him. Although I was a pastor, I was not his. I called his house and got no answer, but we went over anyway. The lights were all off, but I went up and knocked on the door. I heard movement and then he called out and said to wait and he would be right with us. A few minutes later, he opened the door and lets us in. I appologized for waking him up and he said he had not been asleep or even geting ready for bed. We talked, and prayed with him for less than two hours, and he enthusiastically thanked us for comming.

Three weeks ago, we met a friend of his and she told us how often he had spoken of us and how glad she was to meet us. This surprized me a little because he was a friend, but I did not think I was that 'famous'. Then he came up and told us he had told her all about us and how we had helped him and his girls. By my reaction, he knew I did not know the story.

He had gone through a messy divorce, he was not going to see his girls for years and had given up. He heard the phone ring as he was writing a letter to his girls, but did not answer. When we knocked, he had his gun in his mouth and was pulling the trigger. Thank GOD it was not a hair trigger. He got up to see who was pounding on his door. He saw us, told us to wait. He put the note and gun away, then let us in. We gave him hope. He made it through that Thanksgiving day. He sees his girls regularly and he has a new LIFE. Now, eight years later we know the story, and I am THANKFUL we were obidient.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts