Thanksgiving night NFL on NFL Network (come on TWC/BHN!!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

toadfannc

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Anyone want to see the Harbaugh boys (Ravens v. 49ers) duke it out on Thanksgiving night-- exclusively on the NFL Network? Well, let's let TWC (and BHN) know how we feel. After all, aren't we told that we should contact our provider if we want certain channels?

Email:

Melinda Witmer, TWC VP Programming and chief negotiator ... melinda.witmer@twcable.com

Glenn Britt, TWC CEO ... glenn.britt@twcable.com

Happy Thanksgiving!

Feel free to also send a letter to the NFL Network and let them know you do not want to force hundreds of thousands of people to pay a premium price for a channel that offers a handful of games. Tell the NFL Network to allow providers to offer there channel on a separate tier where it belongs.

Is this lack of deal really a one-sided problem? Such things seldom are, but it might be. I know nothing about it in detail, as I am a casual sports watcher, and favor college more than pro.

Of course, the individual parties ALWAYS believe it is the other guy..."They are the ones holding it up; they won't agree with my offer."

Is this lack of deal really a one-sided problem? Such things seldom are, but it might be. I know nothing about it in detail, as I am a casual sports watcher, and favor college more than pro.

Of course, the individual parties ALWAYS believe it is the other guy..."They are the ones holding it up; they won't agree with my offer."

Well I just do not see the flaw in BHN/TWC arugment. They want to be able to have only the people who want to pay for the channel pay for it. I wish all the other providers would of stuck to their guns and did the same. But they caved.

The NFL Network is asking a rather large .75cent per subscriber. They want to be on the lowest tier thus giving them instantly 14 million new subscribers to NFL Network. Thats a large amount of money each month going to NFL Network.

So far not having the NFL Network has not cost BHN Any significant subscriber loss, probably because there is maybe 2-3 games a year worth watching on it anyway so fans quickly get over losing just those few games.

Insider you pretty much hit the nail on the head. At this point people really do need to focus their energy on the NFL. Had this been done from the start things would be different now. Who here in the room doesn't feel that the NFL is making enough money already? It is about the fans right? Well if it were truly about the fans the NFL would do everything it could to get it's programming out there to everyone who wants it including allowing the service to be tiered instead of imposing itself on everyone whether they watch football or not.

Well, you have told us NFL's position--0.75 per every subscriber, bottom tier. You didn't tell us BHN's position, except that you want it to be either in a higher tier or separate tier, but not the per subscriber cost. Wouldn't it be fair to tell both sides instead of just one?

Well, you have told us NFL's position--0.75 per every subscriber, bottom tier. You didn't tell us BHN's position, except that you want it to be either in a higher tier or separate tier, but not the per subscriber cost. Wouldn't it be fair to tell both sides instead of just one?

Is that a question or statement? Assuming question...

You answered your own question and I think all sides have been more than adequately discussed (ad nauseam).

Is that a question or statement? Assuming question...
You answered your own question and I think all sides have been more than adequately discussed (ad nauseam).

I most certainly did NOT answer my own question. Was it that unclear? The question was, "Wouldn't it be fair to tell both sides instead of just one?" Actually, reading it closely, I agree with you. That is not precise enough. I should have said "Wouldn't it be fair to tell both parts of both sides instead of two parts for one side and one part for the other?"

The implied question was, what is the critical second component of BHN's position--the price/cost? You gave that second cost piece for NFL's proposal/position (proposed tiering and price/cost), but only gave one piece of BHN's proposal/position (proposed tiering).

I most certainly did NOT answer my own question. Was it that unclear? The question was, "Wouldn't it be fair to tell both sides instead of just one?" Actually, reading it closely, I agree with you. That is not precise enough. I should have said "Wouldn't it be fair to tell both parts of both sides instead of two parts for one side and one part for the other?"

The implied question was, what is the critical second component of BHN's position--the price/cost? You gave that second cost piece for NFL's proposal/position (proposed tiering and price/cost), but only gave one piece of BHN's proposal/position (proposed tiering).

BHN is willing to pay the fee of .75cent per subscriber but wants to offer it on either there digital tier or preferred the sports pack.

The agreement that was almost reached was that the NFL was going to let it be on the Digital tier but wanted a good increase in the per subscriber price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts