That Darned MOCA

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
Prior to S213 I had both Hoppers connected to the internet, one hard wired and 1 with a wireless ethernet adapter. After getting S213/265 I left the setup as is and had no problems. All 4 boxes showed as clients to my router and all 4 showed as broadband connected. Everything worked OK.

After seeing posts saying that only 1 Hopper was required to be connected to the internet I disconnected the wireless connection and rebooted the boxes. The results were interesting. Now only the Hopper connected to the router shows as a client and has an IP address in the 192.168 range. The other Hopper and the 2 Joeys linked to it show no MOCA Home Network Connection or Internet Connection. If I attempt to watch an In Demand feature I get a "Cannot connect to the internet ..." warning at the top of the screen.

Yet in spite of the apparent lack of connectivity messages and indications I'm getting EVERYTHING WORKS. Any box can view recordings, including PTAT, from any Hopper. Any box can download and view shows from BB@Home and the Joeys can view EHD recordings on their linked Hopper.

I guess I'll leave it as is and look for bug fixes in future updates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)