That Darned Sony

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
I can't stand it. In Aug 2006 I bought a Sony 60" SXRD TV. It was the second year of their 1080P set production. I got it at a big discount for 3K.

Anyhow lots of people had troubles with the sets because of the technology. Three ICs with a 1920X1080 array of leds which were scanned, activated, colors combined and projected. Great. There were lots of problems with color impurities with the sets. In fact Sony started a program to give free or low cost replacements with LED sets later.

My problem is that my set still works perfectly, and I just can't justify getting rid of it. The PQ is great and the sound is also great even though I have to use the optical output since it only has HDMI 1.0, and only 1 of the 2 HDMI ports even has audio. I wish the darned thing would die.

I can't stand it. In Aug 2006 I bought a Sony 60" SXRD TV. It was the second year of their 1080P set production. I got it at a big discount for 3K.

Anyhow lots of people had troubles with the sets because of the technology. Three ICs with a 1920X1080 array of leds which were scanned, activated, colors combined and projected. Great. There were lots of problems with color impurities with the sets. In fact Sony started a program to give free or low cost replacements with LED sets later.

My problem is that my set still works perfectly, and I just can't justify getting rid of it. The PQ is great and the sound is also great even though I have to use the optical output since it only has HDMI 1.0, and only 1 of the 2 HDMI ports even has audio. I wish the darned thing would die.

Haha. I expected to read all about a Sony lemon experience. Well played sir. If you're looking for excuses, but can't justify throwing away a good unit, perhaps consider donating it to a charity, senior center, battered women's shelter, or some such organization that can put it to use. Then you can feel good about the giving Andover with your upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)