The 100

I like the premise,couple of familiar faces from Lost and Full House of all shows lol.Not down with the tween musical interludes so much,but it ain't bad.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 2

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"Earth Skills": A mission to locate Jasper is arranged once it's revealed he is alive; in hope of getting to Earth, Abby turns to Raven for help.

S~

Missed the first episode due to the software induced fracking my ota stations have taken. I see it is playing the premier episode again this week, so I will catch it then ,since I have "moved" back to Houston where they have the CW on the sat in hd.

I thought the first episode was pretty decent. Intrigued enough to watch the second episode. I can see this going either way. It has hope. Who was on there from "Full House"?

I thought the first episode was pretty decent. Intrigued enough to watch the second episode. I can see this going either way. It has hope. Who was on there from "Full House"?

Not Full House,I had her confused with the gal on there. Paige Turco,she was actually a soap actress,and I recall her from American Gothic.

Actually better than I expected, granted my expectations were running on the low side. Will definitely keep watching as so many other shows seem to keep going on temporary hiatus or wrapping up after shorter seasons than I anticipated. However, it really doesn't make much sense that killing people when they reach peak breeding age is a solution to preserving the human race. Shouldn't the old timers be the first to go?

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 3

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"Earth Kills": Clarke, Wells and Finn search for a seaweed antibiotic to help Jasper; a loveable 13-year-old named Charlotte joins Bellamy and his crew as they search for food.

S~

Well watched 2 episodes online. I still do not see where they will be going with this show.

The whole vote to cull enough people to have time to fix the life support system, really they know it will take 6 months and 10 more people every day will have to die?

Why not just send everyone that they would kill down to the surface where they could have a chance of living rather than send them out an airlock?

If the adults come down what will happen to the whole Lord of the Flies situation?

The kid of course just drops the gun after emptying it... I hope they picked it up. Do they have more ammo? Why would there be a gun in space anyways where you could seriously damage the station?

Kids who grew up in space know how to skin and cook a panther and make meat on a stick?

They have a shovel to bury the dead, yet the handle is made out of a stick? They send down 100 kids with only tools being parachutes and seat belts (and a shovel head)? Not any real knives or other tools they could use to at least have a chance of surviving?

Dish info "skipped" Episode 2. It has Pilot, Episode 3 (which is what is described as ep 2 above) and this week 4/2 it shows ep 4. (which has the same info as listed above for ep 3)

Mike,
When I saw the shovel, I thought the same thing. "Where did that come from?" The knives they have, where did they come from? All these people came from lock-up! The gun I can see where it came from. It was the one used on the space station. I can also extrapolate from the dialog in this week's episode why the 219 couldn't be dropped to Earth. Though it makes no sense seeing how they would eventually have to drop the entire population.

Still, there are some gigantic plot holes in this "I was a (30 year-old) teenage lord of the flies" production.

All these people are supposed to be in their late teens and none look a day under 25!

It's science fiction,not reality.:D They could be from some alternate universe where the rules we have here do not apply.Take it for what it is,which I do,scripted television show.I'll take it over my big fat ghost story any day of the week.

In order for any fiction to work, the rules within the fictional universe must make sense within that universe. I am pointing out errors in logic WITHIN the fictional universe. There is only so much one can dismiss with "it's only TV" before the whole thing falls apart. The 100 is not as bad as others programs and movies I have seen. And I know it's just a TV show. It isn't half bad so far either.

Yea but,you could virtually do that with any sci fi show.Just wait till the smoke monster shows up.:D

And a burning questions I have: why would the bracelets just stop working and not work again when taken off? I can see them being powered by the human body itself and that is why they stop working when removed, but why would they be "dead". Why wouldn't the bracelet work again when put back on? Why would the bracelets not have the most basic of technologies that would send info when the clasp is tampered with, or broken? Why would no one think that the bracelets were being removed in the first place?

I know it's fiction, but even fiction has to make sense at some point.

Yea but,you could virtually do that with any sci fi show.Just wait till the smoke monster shows up.:D

I contend that anything with a smoke monster is not science fiction, but fantasy. The two have been conflated so much that many people think they are one and the same, but they are not. But even in LOST they explained where the tools or items came from eventually.