Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
2004 SatelliteGuy of the Year
SEAN MOTA
1.jpg

Way back in October of 2003 I was invited to the VOOM Launch in New York City, however because I already had plans I posted a message here at SatelliteGuys looking for a reporter to go and report on the VOOM launch.​

I honestly expected a lot of folks would jump at the opportunity, but only one person responded who said he was Interested, and that person was Sean Mota. Sean was a quiet member who really didn't post much. But since Sean was the only interested in attending and because he was in New York City I chose him to attend the VOOM Launch party.​

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Sean would do such a spectacular job covering the event, and never in my wildest dreams did I imagine how successful our VOOM forum would get.​

After Sean's initial report I decided I needed him on our team and asked him to become a moderator here at SatelliteGuys, I even gave him his own forum. I told Sean the VOOM forum was his to do what he wanted with and Sean took the ball ran and scored a touchdown for SatelliteGuys!​

Since the launch of VOOM Sean has become one of the voices of authority about VOOM. Seans hard work has not only earned him respect from our members but from the folks inside VOOM as well.​

Over the past year Sean has worked hard to build the Internet's largest VOOM information forums, his VOOM forum has grown so large he now oversees five other staff member while still maintaining his excellence in bringing our members the most accurate VOOM news and information found anywhere.​

And even though Sean is busy with his VOOM forum he has recently volunteered to oversee our HDTV forum expansion, and in the short time he has been part of our HDTV forum team we have already seen some amazing growth in in the HDTV forums.​

So because of all his hard work, devotion and dedication I am proud to announce Sean Mota the 2004 SatelliteGuy of the Year!​

Sean is being overnighted a package containing the gorgeous SatelliteGuy of the Year award shown above as well as a check for $500, plus the box is filled with some VOOM goodies which were sent over by his friends at VOOM including a card signed by many of the folks at VOOM.​

Please help me congratulate Sean Mota, the 2004 SatelliteGuy of the Year!​

Way to go Sean!!

Sean, you are a GREAT asset to satelliteguys.us and many of us really appreciate everything you do.

Thanks again guy and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Kemguy - aka Robert Heitner

Way to go Sean!!!! I hope you can do what you did with the Voom forum to our HD forum!!

A year ago VOOM Forum here at SatelliteGuys was a one-man show: most posts were made by Sean himself. It was indeed his own web site! And it was really amazing to see how much effort and dedication one person could put into that!

Sean, your enthusiasm has truly inspired many of us. Great job! A well deserved award!

Yes it's awesome that Satelliteguys is THE Voom forum, no one can ever take that from us now.

I have to say that nothing would have happened without the support of Scott, the staff, the pub members, and most important the members. I remember when Satelliteguys launched the VOOM forum. Very new and not much going on. Yet regular non voom members started participating to get it going. Your contribution was essential in the early stages. This is why you are the most important contribution to the site. Without you (the members) nothing could have happened.

We all deserve the credit for this great site. Also, not to leave Scott out, without him and his vision and his enthusiasm we would never have a site like this. I can't forget the Sponsors starting with Claude. Don't know you a whole lot Claude but know that behind the scenes you are a major contributor to the site. Thanks for the efforts and dedication to keep up with us members who at times do not appreciate all the work you do. I really don't want to forget anyone but I have to mention the staff at the VOOM forum who have been very supportive through all these times.

I just want to say that anyone has the opportunity to be the next SatelliteGuy of the year in 2005. The opportunity is there so take it and run with it.

Thank you all for all the kind words and support. Happy Holidays to everyone.

Sean

Well done!

Have been a quiet observer since early spring. Have enjoyed the ups and downs of Sean's passion combined with his sense of fairness. I honor the patience and integrity Sean has displayed simply for the betterment of this frustrating process we endure every time a new technology arises and we guys want it right without growing pains. Picture this forum during the early four channel audio days or the early computer operating system days (yikes!). We humans have a general lack of patience and Sean has stayed his course with this, the latest. Well done, Sean