The 2010 PGA Championship: August 12-15

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
The last major championship of the year. It should be a good one! On a positive note, TNT will be providing television coverage along with CBS Sports. Thank goodness ESPN/ABC Sports and Chris Berman won't be in town. :)

"The 2010 PGA Championship will be the 92nd PGA Championship and is scheduled to be played from August 12–15 at the Straits Course of the Whistling Straits complex in Haven, Wisconsin. The last time a major was played at Whistling Straits, also on the Straits Course, was the 86th PGA Championship in 2004, which was won by Vijay Singh."

Television Schedule

Thu, August 12 1-8 PM ET (TNT)
Fri, August 13 1-8 PM ET (TNT)
Sat, August 14 11 AM-2 PM ET (TNT)
Sat, August 14 2-7 PM ET (CBS)
Sun, August 15 11 AM-2 PM ET (TNT)
Sun, August 15 2-7 PM ET (CBS)

No ESPN means all of the following goodies:
No career retrospectives
No Bottomline updates
No "SportsCenter Now Updates"
No Scott Van Pelt
No Chris Berman
No Stuart Scott
No Cuts from action for studio talking with an anchor
No nonstop talking during the action
Better PQ
5.1 Audio

Should I list more? :D

I absolutely LOVE CBS's golf coverage. There isn't a better network available to host such an event. I especially love David Feherty and his witty commentary. He's the best!

No ESPN means all of the following goodies:
No career retrospectives
No Bottomline updates
No "SportsCenter Now Updates"
No Scott Van Pelt
No Chris Berman
No Stuart Scott
No Cuts from action for studio talking with an anchor
No nonstop talking during the action
Better PQ
5.1 Audio

Should I list more? :D
Chris Berman is so hard to stomach as a golf commentator that it is easy to overlook many of ESPN's other blunders...especially when viewers are bent-over the toilet. Great summary!

I absolutely LOVE CBS's golf coverage. There isn't a better network available to host such an event. I especially love David Feherty and his witty commentary. He's the best!
Agreed! CBS Sports sets the gold standard when it comes to PGA Tour coverage; NBC provides bronze/brass coverage; and ESPN/ABC's coverage was perfectly summaries by Lkr.

Since the PGA Championship is a week away, can we talk about this weeks tournament, the WGC Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio?!

This tournament is a "mid-major" and consistently has one of the top fields next to one of the majors. Everyone who's anyone comes to play at Firestone as it's the last tune-up before the last Major. Oh, and Tiger has won here a record SEVEN times! If there's a course he can snap his streak, it's here!

World Golf Championships - Bridgestone Invitational

Guess I spoke too soon. At the start of the day, he was 10 strokes off the lead. Now he's 14 off with a +6 !!!! As a matter of fact, he's just 3 strokes off for last place in the ENTIRE FIELD!

I don't think I've ever seen a bigger falling from grace than the Tiger Woods story. What happened to all that mental toughness.

Guess I spoke too soon. At the start of the day, he was 10 strokes off the lead. Now he's 14 off with a +6 !!!! As a matter of fact, he's just 3 strokes off for last place in the ENTIRE FIELD!

I don't think I've ever seen a bigger falling from grace than the Tiger Woods story. What happened to all that mental toughness.
I don't know. Maybe you could ask Rachel or Jaimee or Holly or Cori or Mindy or Joslyn or Kalika. They might be able to help find it.

I don't know. Maybe you could ask Rachel or Jaimee or Holly or Cori or Mindy or Joslyn or Kalika. They might be able to help find it.

If all that sex really did help him keep focus and was the secret to all that good golf, I find that quite ironic. Doesn't all that humping cause you to have wobbly knees? That's the reason boxers are asked to abstain before a big bout. You'd think it'd also be bad for golfers. I'd hate to be on the 18th with a 20 footer to win the Masters with extra "wobbly knees". :D

He is 78 out of 80 still left playing after 3 rounds.

Nice win at the Bridgestone International by Hunter Mahan over the weekend. Phil wasn't playing too bad until he limped in with a 78 on Sunday. Tiger Woods finished almost dead last and is stuggling to find his game. So who is going to win the 92nd PGA Championship next week? I have absolutely no idea!!!

Getting ready to tee things off tomorrow - any predictions? Offhand, I think one of the youngsters, like Rory McIlroy, will win it this year. Phil revealed that he has been receiving treatment for arthritis the past few weeks and is now a vegetarian. And it should be interesting to see if Tiger is anywhere near competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts