The 622 seems to have more in common with the 921 than the 942.

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
Is anyone at E* listening and reading these forums? Seriously...

Today's update, 6 weeks after the last one, fixes what significant issue? Something no one had even once had an issue with.

Then there are the 'few' issues' that they didn’t fix:

>Audio issue to numerous to name them all
>Spontaneous reboots
>HDMI sync issues
>The Black Screen of Death issue
>Vanishing timers

Seem like the 921 all over again…and here we thought it was going to be stable out of the box since it was supposed to be so closely related to the 942…boy were we wrong.

r_childress said:
Sorry, My 921 was a disaster. Moving to a 622, yes there are bugs but no where many as the 921.
I agree. The 622 is an excellent receiver. There is usually a bad batch or two during any initial shipment, but overall the box is fairly stable. The software bugs, while annoying, are palatable until software fixes are made. The major bugs (HDMI, Black Screen of Death) need to be fixed ASAP, but many of the others audio, drops/stutter, probably have more to do with Dish trying to implement MPEG-4 encoders, moving boatloads of channels across multiple satellite/transponders, along with matching encoding/modulation/etc. for best performance.

I just activated a 2nd 622 and really hated unplugging the 942 and getting it ready to be boxed and returned. It has been such a rock-solid reliable receiver, but I just gotta have the new HD channels. I wouldn't have purchased another 622 and returned my 942 if the receiver in any way resembled the 921. Everyone has their own pain threshold, but I'm giving E* 'till the end of June to debug this receiver. According to the poll, so far 88% of 622 owners/leasers are satisfied with their purchase. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63171&highlight=622+poll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts