The AL West 2009

"The Angels can be excused since they are basically using AAA pitchers, nearly all of the regular staff is injured."

The team is in serious need of pitching. It's been that way since Ryan and Tanana. Moseley sucks. Saunders isn't really any better. I went to Saunders and Moseley 1st starts in their career. Back-to-back nights. I'll never forget the fans in front of me saying who everytime Moseley's name was mentioned. He's just plain awful. His fastball is Phil Niekro knuckleball of 1984. I thought that was the slowest picch I ever saw in the majors until now. We might win the division because the other teams are bad. Look for another 1st round playoff loss unless we sign at least 4 good starters. Weaver is overrated. Lackey lacks after 4 or 5 starts like Finley. Santana stinks.

Ya man, if they would ever get some pitching they might win the AL West ...
Oh wait, they do that every year already.

They must have some type of pitching in order to win the division EVERY YEAR.

Thanks!!!

It's a long story, but can't complain for the end result.....worst places to end up than Arizona. :)

Ditto Sabres....can't wait for Pac-10 football....might have to buy tix to the Sun Devils.

Didn't you used to live in paradise, aka Hawaii??

Anyways, welcome back my friend.

"The Angels can be excused since they are basically using AAA pitchers, nearly all of the regular staff is injured."

The team is in serious need of pitching. It's been that way since Ryan and Tanana. Moseley sucks. Saunders isn't really any better. I went to Saunders and Moseley 1st starts in their career. Back-to-back nights. I'll never forget the fans in front of me saying who everytime Moseley's name was mentioned. He's just plain awful. His fastball is Phil Niekro knuckleball of 1984. I thought that was the slowest picch I ever saw in the majors until now. We might win the division because the other teams are bad. Look for another 1st round playoff loss unless we sign at least 4 good starters. Weaver is overrated. Lackey lacks after 4 or 5 starts like Finley. Santana stinks.

Man, there's always someone to piss on your dreams, isn't there????:rolleyes:

Santana is not a No. 1, but he's good.
Escobar is the guy they need to come back healthy if they want to go further than the AL wildcard.
Lackey and Weaver are back of the rotation starters.....if they Angels find a gem in one of the kids they have to start the season with, Weaver wouldn't be a bad guy to move the pen.

The Angels do benefit from the fact that the AL West is bad, it wouldn't surprise me if two of the other division foes lose 90+ games.

A's fan I presume?

I am lovin' watching Aybar spin and dance on the infield! Plus his bat is pretty awesome lately. I think they will be OK @ 1B even though I miss Kotch terribly. Plus the jewels that are being sent down to AAA (Wood and Rodriguez) give the team assurance for strong fill-ins as the season progresses.

Hunter, Abreu, Vlad...I wouldn't wanna pitch to that threesome in a row!:eek:

GREAT to have more Angels fans speaking up as we get into the '09 campaign!:up

Hmmm. Seems pretty down on his team this year.

After winning 100 games and coasting last year only to be blown out in the first round of the playoffs was tough for all of us Angel fans. Mike's been around a long time and it just takes some of us a little longer to heal.

Even tough I accused him of pissing on our dreams, he DID say that he expects the Angels to win the AL West once again. So that's a start. I share some of his "ill feelings" but I choose to begin on Monday with a fresh, new glass filled with only the finest wishes and hopes for a l-o-n-g October run!!!

GO ANGELS!!!!!

Among all the hubub of large sized and salaried pitchers falling flat, unruly fans throwing garbage on a VISTOR'S field!!! (Where do they think they are??? HOME????), and perhaps over-inflated emotions over first wins of the season...The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim quietly held their '09 opener at Angel Stadium last night amid a glorious SoCal sunset. Not a sell-out crowd (saying much about the economy) but a large and enthusiastic crowd that cheered loudest upon introduction not for a player but for the Angels' field manager!!! A nice and tight game was played with Joe Saunders pitching a really crisp 7 innings. And the results? Just another Halo victory beating the A's 3-0.;)

I'm impressed. I think (as predicted) the Angels peaked too soon in AZ. Last week they were unstoppable. Oh well. Back to the games...

The Angels thought the rotation was questionable and the bullpen solid. Three games into the season we now see it is curently the other way around. As long as we don't have bullpen meltdowns like the Braves did yesterday early on in the season it's a little easier to take. But a loss is a loss and last night was a blown save on the new closer without a doubt. Let him get it out of his system!

I'm impressed. I think (as predicted) the Angels peaked too soon in AZ. Last week they were unstoppable. Oh well. Back to the games...

The Angels thought the rotation was questionable and the bullpen solid. Three games into the season we now see it is curently the other way around. As long as we don't have bullpen meltdowns like the Braves did yesterday early on in the season it's a little easier to take. But a loss is a loss and last night was a blown save on the new closer without a doubt. Let him get it out of his system!
Hey just having fun with a classy Angles fan! :D I am very sorry for the Angles and the fans loss!! I posted in your other thread.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts