The AL West 2009

3-0 baby!! Best start for them since 1996. :)

Also very glad to see the Yankees burning in last place in the AL East. :D

WOW!!:eek: The division is a mess. Hopefully the two best teams can get back on top!!:p

It's barely been a week.

Last year, around this time, Baltimore got off to a fast start, but they were out of it by June.

IMO, the standings will really start to get serious in late May and early June.

The Angels left 11...E-L-E-V-E-N men OB last night without scoring them. TWICE they had the sacks packed and struck out!:eek:

No way do I blame the loss on Shields' throwing error in the 10th.

And now the team begins to fall apart...

Vlad out 6-8 weeks with an injury. (Oblique?)

Moseley takes himself out in the 4th with some type of arm or elbow problem.

KCK, I wouldnt' worry about it. I think the Angels are the team to beat in the AL West. They have enough guns to pull it out.

Your not the only one to give up a 5 run inning ....
Tigers did it tonight, now they need to play catch up.

Did ANYONE out there know that Seattle is in 1st place ?

Jimbo

Your not the only one to give up a 5 run inning ....
Tigers did it tonight, now they need to play catch up.

Did ANYONE out there know that Seattle is in 1st place ?

Jimbo

Yup. The 1977 expansion twins- the Mariners and Blue Jays are BOTH in first place.

KCK, I wouldnt' worry about it. I think the Angels are the team to beat in the AL West. They have enough guns to pull it out.

I agree with Mets, once Lackey, Santana and hopefully Escobar get healthy, the Angels will win this thing going away.

Appreciate the support, guys. It is very early and we all cannot say we didn't expect this to happen somehow, someway after Nick. Moseley looked lost on the mound last night. Of all people, Speier came in and held things together in the middle innings.

Just like the Red Sox and others with significant injuries, time is definitely on their side and we all just have to sit and wade it thru.

What might be good is for the Angels to just fall apart for about a week. Just suck all the way around. Get it out of their collective systems and rebuild stronger. God knows AAA is LOADED with talent!

I sound like a broken record. The Angels have just self-destructed in the 5th inning in Minneapolis. Everything that could go wrong...did. This is very sad. :(

KCK, dont worry, be happy:). I know there is still some pain with the Angels and Angels fans but this is normal. I still think they will be fine. From a perspective of what goes on the field, I wouldnt worry.

KCK - I don't know if we're hitting you guys at the right time or the wrong time. Your Angels are way overdue to put this tragedy behind themselves and start playing like they are capable of. Scary series.

KCK - I don't know if we're hitting you guys at the right time or the wrong time. Your Angels are way overdue to put this tragedy behind themselves and start playing like they are capable of. Scary series.

Well, it can't be any worse...just when I say that it DOES get worse. Brandon Wood is flying in from AAA for tonight's game and that should provide a needed bat in Vlad's absence. But what we do about the goddamn bullpen is anyone's guess!:confused:

Good luck and here's to a well-played series. It will be good to see Grandy again and I hope Larish gets a chance to play. I wanna see this kid in person.

With the NHL playoffs going on across the street @ the same time and the team playing so poorly, I wonder how many the Angels will draw into the yard tonight.:rolleyes: