The Apple iPad is no longer dominating the tablet market

So what is the ONE tablet that is outselling the iPad?

I don't think its one but a group of them. Aka Android based tablets outselling the iPad.

I don't think its one but a group of them. Aka Android based tablets outselling the iPad.

Right. I believe the same probably holds true for iPhone vs. Android phones. Lots of articles mention how iPhone/iPad are being overtaken but I sure seem to see way more of them in the wild than any specific Android phone or tablet. There are so many different varieties for android devices, from the super cheap to the ridiculously high end, that it seems crazy to treat them as one unified thing. Even if you just took all the Android devices from one brand like Samsung I still doubt they are selling as well as iPhone/iPad.

Also, I guarantee Apple is making MUCH more per iPad sale than nearly all of these Android/Windows tablets. Assuming the Kindle Fire and Nexus 7/10 are the top selling Android devices, they are making very light profits off those, while the iPads sell for much higher and yield greater returns. Android may claim that they have the most share, but Apple is still sitting on the big pile of cash..

Yeah, Windows is a big player with their 2% of the market...
lol ! Oh, it's that big? :)
I have a friend who bought the $1200 i5 model. I wouldn't take that log for free.
My lawyer got the cheap one. Win8 is not my cup of tea!
The iPad Mini might be acceptable with the new Retina screen (coming soon, to a store near you).
But lack of expandability (removable SD card) on all iPad models seems limiting.
I keep resisting, but the HD Android models are the only thing on my short list.
Too bad the Amazon models aren't stock Android.

I have both and IMHO, the iPAD is best suited for those who want a quick easy to use tablet for basic stuff, mostly entertainment and information consumption. If you need some special windows based apps to do special tasks, such as large spreadsheets in Excel, or javascript based programming, the Surface Pro ( adequate size storage) is much better than a small laptop and it can do everything a small laptop can do only better. You can dock it and have a desktop environment. I've even connected to a hotel room TV and mouse and it's like having a desktop computer. But if you don't need windows 8 OS, then just stick with an ipad. All the rest are just ipad wannabees. Surface RT is an ipad or Android wannabee. Surface Pro is the laptop competitor and works nothing like an ipad or Android Tablet.

I'm not worried about Apple ipad sales. None of these cheap wannabees seem to have hurt Apple's ability to grow their profits and massive sales numbers with resultant profits. The size of the market is growing fast. When Apple stock fell off this year, I took the opportunity to buy buy buy with each dip in price.
But lack of expandability (removable SD card) on all iPad models seems limiting.
We've had SD card capability since the iPAD 1. Requires a small adapter but the disadvantage is it only is accessed with special apps that can see it. You need to learn what the difference is between an iPAD or Android device and a basic windows OS device. They don't work the same. It's confusing to those who base their opinions on soundbites. The truth is these modern devices are all a blend of features and you need to carefully select what works best for you and your application needs. The hard part is getting confused by statements from people who don't understand the devices, their limitations, and features.

And we have a winner. Yes, a lot of cheap tablets out there, and people are buying them. But what is the single most popular tablet? Oh, that would be the iPad.

I was just thinking that as I saw a headline in the NYT, about some new Motorola phone, billed as "The latest competitor to the iPhone." Phone after phone, but the iPhone remains the gold standard, that everyone compares to.

I was just thinking that as I saw a headline in the NYT, about some new Motorola phone, billed as "The latest competitor to the iPhone." Phone after phone, but the iPhone remains the gold standard, that everyone compares to.

I am the biggest apple fanboy there is. Think of Kevin from crack berry and you have me when it comes to apple. But unless apple starts making bigger and cheaper iPhones I think it will fade away. I know they are making a cheaper iPhone but we still need a phablet. I love what iOS 7 brings to the table but when you look at some of the things the others have iOS is still very behind. Apples theory is "we don't have to be first, we have to do things better" in someways that's true but in someways they need to be first again. The smartphone market wouldn't be where it is today with out iPhone. I think apple needs some fresh blood fresh thinking. I look at the moto x and I'm amazed by it. I'm not amazed by my iPhone anymore. More and more people are starting to think the way I am. iPhone will go the way of blackberry if they don't make a BIG move soon and I'm not talking iOS 7.

We'll see. Been hearing that for several years, and each new iPhone, whether 4S or 5 or 5S, comes out and it breaks prior records. Sure, some people "get bored." And sure, some people need to have a phone that doesn't fit in the pocket, but apparently many do not. And in using iOS7 for the past couple months, I think they have met many of the gripes that people have had.

Personally, I don't get the size thing. The 5's form-factor is more than adequate. I look at people with the latest Samsung Galaxies (no clue what the latest number is - 3? 4?) and I chuckle at the size of those things.

I certainly don't see the iPhone going the way of the Blackberry.

Yes that phone you can actually customize yourself the color and all and it's being built right here in the USA. Biggest beef I have with the iPhone is no SD card. My wife and I have 16 gb ones and have to constantly take pictures and video off our phones to make room. Same goes with the iPad. Microsoft has made commercials knocking apple down for not having expandable memory. " you can't put an sd card there, or there , or there " why can't Apple listen to their customers and make products with sd card slots?

I know a lot of people just at work who had iPhones then later on got and Android phones and now these folks are saying they will get a new phone when the new iPhone comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yes it is. But it shows apple is losing ground by not doing anything to bring people back.

It doesn't show that at all. In fact, there's no indication that Apple has really lost any customers - many people who bought competing phones were never going to buy an iPhone to begin with. Each new phone Apple has made has set sales records. This indicates a continuing strong market for the iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts