the best due South satellite for nfld?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

amc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
can someone tell me what is the best due South satellite for newfoundland canada?im still trying to setup a dish and motor im running out of patience with trying to set it up .can someone help?
im just had it up to my eyeballs if someone can look it up and pass it on i would be perfoundly
happy.:confused:

I thought you had whipped FTA pretty well by last year. - :up
Try the GeoSatFinder site.
You can input any city in Canada, US, or Mexico, and get your info.
It'll give you a PDF list of satellite aiming info, and your true south bird.

Last edited:
Gander is about 54W so he is way East from AMC 5...at least that's what Google says...:)

If he had a C band dish he could use IS-805 at 55.5W...lots of signals there.

I see I was a little slow in posting and a few others beat me to it......

I assumed a city:
EUREKA, NU X0A 0G0
Canada

Latitude: 80.014 N
Longitude: 85.946 W

Well, that was a really bad choice of cities... you may not live that far north.
Here's what I got:
The following information is used to correctly align your satellite dish installed in EUREKA, NU Canada to receive signal from the AMC 2 (85.0 W) satellite.
Compass Reading: 109.1 deg.
Dish Elevation: 1.3 deg.
LNBF Rotation: -0.2 deg.

But he lives in Newfoundland..... NU is not Newfoundland, it is Nunavut.
Canada
Gander should be a little closer.

GANDER, NL A1V 1A1
Canada

Latitude: 48.964 N
Longitude: 54.622 W

From SatelliteGuys.US - TheList try
53.0°W Intelsat 707 Ku
11632 H 3111

I assumed a city:
EUREKA, NU X0A 0G0
Canada

Latitude: 80.014 N
Longitude: 85.946 W

Well, that was a really bad choice of cities... you may not live that far north.
Here's what I got:

whoa...not even close...Thats Nunavut which is in the far north part of Canada
Nunavut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Newfoundland is NF for Province code (or now NL) ;)
Newfoundland and Labrador - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as you can see on the maps, they're a wee far apart (thats like saying Maine and Minnesota are the same) :D

i have it on amc3 at the moment with a 57% signal.got a few pbs channels and a patience channel. i found that bird and left it there for now .i set up a few dishes over the last few years this 1 got me a bit loopie,lol. once i get figured out i wont forget it. i dont know anyone around here has 1 (motor) other than me.

PAS9
IS9

same satellite just new name....otherwise add it.

Add Cubavision as the transponder
11612 H 3670

As a side piece of interest.....at least I found it interesting, my cousin was in the north for a period of time (back home now) and the locals made her a set of Mukluks. She says they are very warm, but has to keep them in the freezer or they will rot out quickly. They need to be kept frozen or they will not last.

PAS9 ISP i dont think its listed on the merc ird. would their be a different name . to be honest im not sure what sattelite that is and its location?i dont know all the names of the
sattelites.

I dont have a merc so I don't know. Its PAS9 at 58W

I know the classic did have that satellite in there

If you have a receiver that is seems to be more sensitive than another definitely use that one.

As for getting 50+ percent for PBS on AMC3, I'm in Halifax and that's all I'm getting. So long as you don't end up with a lot of rain fade you're doing good on that bird, because I do. There are other transponders on that bird that I get 70 to 80% but certainly not on 12140/12180 transponders.

It does not matter which IRD you use. Once the Motor / Dish is set, you can connect any USALS compatible IRD, and it will work.
Are you using a Universal LNB?
Remember to have a Live TP selected when trying to align.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts